1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you are a single parent

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by NYCer, Feb 27, 2017.

1. NYCer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How often do you go out and leave your kids with sitters/relatives? How do you manage a sex life or spend the night with your GF/BF? Who would watch the kids then? Do you ever feel guilty for not spending time with your kids while your are out on dates? Any thoughts appreciated!

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well am a single parent and I became one when my son was 13. as for dating, haven't been there yet, I've spent the past couple years getting my head squared away, so... I have been going out for the past 2 years but he's old enough to look after himself now, he lives at home but he's taking first year Uni and was like 16 when I started going out to support groups or drinks in a group of friends. it felt weird when I was going out and not having him there because he's been my shadow for years.

I have found that we deserve some adult time, and should enjoy it. we feel safe with our sitters if we have one and our kids should have time with others so they can grow as well.

hope this helps

3. Clannad

I suppose I am luck my ex and I share custody 50%, week about. It has been like this for the last 12 years, and my daughter doesn't remember anything else.
    This means I get single dad week, we have our nice close time and then I get bachelor week i get to go out and play :slight_smile: