1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it fair to date?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Klutz, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Klutz

So I'm at a stage with my career, again, that I'm looking at moving. I want to be gone in less than three months. I don't like where I live. I have resumes out and send more out every day. The thing is, I've been doing this for the past three months. I want to start dating people, even just casually. I just feel like it is unfair to.

I realize that if I'm upfront and honest, I shouldn't have a problem. Rationally, I know that, but my feelings don't. I'm not looking for quick hookups or anything and I guess I just have no experience with the middle ground between one night stands and planning for family vacations.

I would appreciate all your thoughts. Thanks!

2. 7889

You say you want to date and are willing to be upfront about your intentions. This sounds like fair play to anyone you might date. It seems as if the conflict is within yourself. Personally, I would be likely to live in the moment. If dating is a possibility and it is what you want, even temporarily, my opinion is to go for it now. At worst you will cry about it later.

#2 7889, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
  3. Crepy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's fair even if you will eventually move. Hell I don't even see the problem with two dating people living in other places. Unless ofcourse you move so far away it would be a 10 hour flight sort of speak. Then it's realy up to the person you wanna date if they want to deal with that hassle.

However all in all. Yea as long as you are honest about it. I think it's fair.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm actually more interested in understanding why you are moving. You stated that you are in a stage in your career where you are "again" needing to move...can you elaborate as to the reasons on this a bit?

If you do manage to go elsewhere (at this stage in your career) how long will you plan to stay in the new place? If you decided to stick it out where you are now, what are the pros and the cons?

I understand very well the economic forces at play, on the attractions of mobility, our general restlessness...these things won't magically disappear if you manage to go elsewhere...soon enough, I suspect, if you do settle elsewhere, you may find another "elsewhere" to yearn for.

The deeper question, I suspect, is whether you are willing to stay for someone...