1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Kkwest, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Kkwest

Kkwest Guest

Ok I'm here not question who I'm but ask for some advice. I have been very close to family I met from helping a 18 year homeless boy. The kid began coming around knocking on doors wanting to know if he could rake leaves or cut grass. I hired him and he did a very good job. After getting to know him I found out he was kicked out his home by his father. I asked about his mother and he did not give much info at all. I found later both of grandparents are living so I get in touch with them (this is the mother's parents) they had no idea he was sleeping on the streets. Long I know but sorry. Anyway I meet the grandmother who I became very close to. She told me the boys mother did leave the boys father and she had stayed at thier home for 9 months being very depressed. I have never told the grandmother I was gay. She asked me if I could speak to her daughter (I did not want get involved at first). So I finally call the mother and talk and text. I find she was verbally, mentally and beat in the marriage. Her mother is very judgemental of her. I speak to the grandmother about her DAUGTHER and what happened to her. So as time goes on the daughter texts me daily just tells me how she is doing. She comes out of shell and started going to the gym. She would text me pictures of her,kids and of herself. I did not think much of this. Now a few weeks ago I find I have a job offer in another state. I told the grandmother this but never the daughter. The day before I left to go the interview texting is going strong on the daughters part. When I get back 2 days later the grandmother calls to ask me if I'm going to take the job. I said no. She then tells me the daughter got upset to know I may take the job. Then the grandmother states to me she does not care if daughter was gay she just wants her to be happy. It never hit me until that second the daughter had been flirting me when we did speak in person or in the texts. I go back and read all the texts. Then I began to feel in my mind, my heart and gut this woman may have feelings for me. In many of the texts messages she stated to me she had me to thank for getting her going again. Now for the past 4 weeks the daughter has stopped going to the gym at all and only says she is tired. She will stay at her apartment and only go to work. I have stayed away from her and when she does text me it is very short. I usually don't text her first. I notice the big change when I went to another state to see about the job. Her mother only stated she got upset when she asked about where I was she told her. At that time is when she got back into her shell. I must also say the mother was always looking for excuses for me to come by her work or to come by her apartment which I never did. I just want to be friends with her. My question is to u or anyone if the daughter is gay? How could I help her and show her she does not have to hid and that she will find someone. Because I have very strong feeling this lady is going to tell me something that is not going to returned. I don't want to hurt her. I know this is not really a coming out story but the woman was married for 16 years and I know she questioning her sexuality. I know this because one my friends knows the daughter and she has told me. Please help I don't want to lose a very dear friend I have made. Sorry for any misspelling or mistakes I lost my glasses.

2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Oh that´s a very interesting situation. Maybe you could make it clear to the grandmother and the daugther that you are gay. In that way you would avoid any conflicts of interest.

3. Kkwest

Kkwest Guest

They did find out by the friend we share. I found they knew a about 3 weeks after meeting the mother which is fine but they never have said anything to me. Which to me is another sign this woman had feeling, and the grandmother keeps making saying she does not care if daughter is gay. I think I'm just going to have to lose close friends here because I have never flirted with the daughter at all and have no feeling as such for her. Nice people but a very bad thing all around. Thank u.

4. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah it is a bit messed up!

I´m glad I could help. :slight_smile:

#4 KyleD, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017