1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mel68, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Mel68

I'm just realizing that I am really into girls. I think this had been hiding inside me for a long time. I joined an on line "dating" group. I felt great after joining but now I am too nervous to talk to anyone. I know that talking is harmless but it is still really hard to take that first step! Feeling scared!

2. JackieScut

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I joined a couple and haven't even added a picture yet. I feel like a stalker as I can still see the photos even though I'm not sharing one. You can go to some MEETUPS which I have been told is a great first step into making some new friends. I had one arranged for last Friday in Brighton but had the flu so had to cancel and I was gutted. They have message groups too so you can chat to some members before you go to break the ice. You can put in the sort of group you want and some even have age ranges.

I think you will get to the stage where you have no choice but to go. It's like once you admit to yourself who you are you need to explore x Did you get lots of emails? Just email them back, they are people just like you looking for friendship x

3. Mel68

Thanks. And yes I got some emails. I'll try to get my nerve up.

4. JackieScut

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After 7 months of mind boggling conversations in my head and on this site I confided in a friend who has been really supportive. She is coming to my first meetup with me. Do you have someone you could take with you to a LGBT meetup. They are all over the county, informal and range from book reading to nightclubs and martial art. They do walking and bike riding. The one I'm going to is a bar, chatting in the middle floor and disco in the basement. It seems to be really popular. Lots of like minded people that won't notice nervous me downing my beer at 100 mile an hour lol

5. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are both ahead of me with the online dating thing. So I commend you both on even creating a profile! I have thought about this (a lot!) but haven't acted yet. I guess it's just a scared of the unknown thing.

I have made a lot of changes over the past few months. Being more social, taking advantage of opportunities and just connecting with people in general. It's all been good for me. And I suppose an important stepping stone in all of this! And I am definitely getting closer to being in a place where I want another relationship. Not quite over my ex-girlfriend (and I will always hold her in my heart) but certainly in a better place, more able to at least THINK about the future.

Anyway, congrats on setting up your profiles. I think that's awesome. This IS all scary isn't it? I think especially so for us Late-In-Lifers!