1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feel a whole lot better since transitioning

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by proud lady, Apr 7, 2017.

1. proud lady

I feel a lot better since I started transitioning 7 months ago.I knew for a long time there were feelings I was born the wrong gender when I was 5 years old.My parents did see it and somehow ignored it.It was finally in July that I finally came out as transgendered.My ex wife did not accept it at all and left me.It did end up in divorce.It was hard for my sons whom are 17 and 14 years old at first and have learned very well about I have.My family,it was very hard for them and we are currently working things out.It was during the starting of the divorce that I did start seeing a therapist whom I still see.Diagnosed me with gender dysphoria and have been on the estrogen and testosterone blockers since September.So far I am happy with the results.Plus I have a great supportive girlfriend Lisa and she has been so great about it.Her family has accepted me in with open arms already.I have already decided not to have the GRS and have surgeries scheduled already.Having my face done,the FFS,breast augmentation and tracheal shave done in June.

2. Really

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

3. proud lady

So far my sister and brother are starting to understand that I have been through a lot through my life.My parents,It is going to take more time with them and not rushing them at all.

4. Really

Every little bit counts. :thumbsup:

5. proud lady

So far my brother and sister decided to support me finally.Met up this morning and they told me this,want to see me happy in my life