1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When he's looking...and you dare not

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Imjustjulien, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Imjustjulien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some seven or so years back, I was having brunch with a friend and her boyfriend in a trendy and noisy crowded cafe.

We were at the end of a long bench, me on one side. A couple sat down diagonally opposite me, looking down the table. The older of the pair, my age, he was handsome, neat beard, earthy and a little rugged, and wore the shortest of cutoff jeans shorts, showing off very strong legs. There was no hiding his sexuality for my eyes. All that gained in cautious side glances. His partner much younger, was pretty, though not really catching my attention.

As lunch proceeded, though curious, I kept my gaze among ourselves. All the while noting (with care, some amusement and a dash 'this is nice') that whenever the younger man would look elsewhere, it seemed the gaze of the handsome older one closer to me would turn my way. With little subtlety. Actually it was very clear, he was doing all he could to turn my head...and though I dared give away my 'secret' I so wanted to acknowledge. Was I dreaming, definitely not, he knew and I knew. Is that that sense of gaydar at attention. Hard to hide from like minds.

But I simply did not want to give anything away, all the while so touched, he was eyeing me and it was nice. So wanting to engage, to acknowledge, to make that eye contact.

When the two of them got up to leave, we did finaly get that brief moment. Oh, in another life. Recalling moments, situations like that, not that there have been all that many really, and I felt - and how I felt reflecting on it again, so wanting to be me. To cast of the mask.

That he was eyeing me while sitting with his boyfriend (I guess) was, well people do whether gay or straight. I guess I've just been out of that for so long.

Suffice to say, it was a really nice feeling. With those residual doubts about who I am sexually and as a man falling away like raindrops.(!) Acceptance!

PS: this is the first time I've shared this...so nice to. Look forward to your own experiences, and observations.

#1 Imjustjulien, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Had many of those "looking away moments"! Restaurants, bars, hotels, business receptions, airports. Now, instead of looking away, I look directly into their eyes - until I get hit on the arm by my partner for those times he is with me and I get caught! :eusa_naug

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do this too, especially back in the day when guys would check me out furtively. I remember once being out with my husband and this guy kept looking at me and trying to pretend he wasn't. Finally I caught his eye and licked my lips. My husband burst out laughing and told me to "leave the poor boy alone".:lol:

4. Imjustjulien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Playful and aware...☺

---------- Post added 9th Apr 2017 at 08:53 AM ----------

'Cute' and lovelly to read you have a husband. And playful too. Happiness to you both!!

5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last night we were are an Equality event together. To my surprise, a guy was giving my husband the looks and they began talking through almost all of the evening. I, as the perfect gentlemen, allowed him to flirt with not a hint of concern. There were too many other guys there for me to look at! :kiss:

6. Imjustjulien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im not sure why, but I find that so sweet, brings a smile...maybe, I can see the enjoyment... eye candy, its a guy thing, and a girl thing, and a human thing, a harmless playful wistful fun thing....I guess that why I get it... theres so much to see.. Ta for sharing...