1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to square one

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Kidagakash, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Kidagakash

Hello. I am 33, and had been just in the beginning of transitioning where I used to live. I was out to my partner at the time, and was used to dressing and acting as I please, at least outside of work. Unfortunately, I had to leave the relationship I was in. The girl I was dating ended up being abusive, and very controlling. I am currently living in another state with one of my parents for an indeterminate amount of time. My family has mostly never known about me in this way. The parent I am currently staying with did once find my girls clothes in my room when I was in my very early 20s and there was no real conversation about it except a lecture about how was it put, being deceived by satan and that I was suffering from some obvious psychological or emotional problems that caused me to act that way. After which I was told I should move out on my own, which I did, and had been since. They since have assumed that I "recovered" from this "deviant behavior" and out of the (genuine) kindness of their heart allowed me to move back in to get out of the situation I was in with my ex at the time. Unfortunately this leaves me absolutely nowhere to be who I really am, so it is essentially like being back where I was as a teen and young adult. I have never felt more in the closet about my true self than ever. I can't come out to my parent for fear of losing the only safe home I know, but living like this is really hard, and depressing. Has anyone here ever been in a similar situation, or possibly has any insight or advice they could give me? Deep down I fear this may just be the life I have to accept for the time being. Just wondering if anyone out there has had to go through anything like this. I don't really have any friends out here anymore, not since I was a teen. So I'm kind of feeling on my own more than ever. Thanks for the read. Take care all. -Kida