1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life feels so unmanageable sometimes

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Apr 10, 2017.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm usually ok, usually feel strong, but.... I'm so sick of living this way.... my life is changing too slowly. Things I set into motion, I have to constantly dial back and start over because there are legal issues, I'm vulnerable.

I'm completely dependent on my ex because of my visa... I'm working on fixing that but it just seems like every step I try to make to break free, be myself, move forward, is constantly threatened. My ex is trying to make me feel fear all the time because he knows I feel totally vulnerable. I worry if I make the wrong move I'll be told to leave the country, or my ex will threaten custody arrangements, f* up my finances, and so on.

I'm working on protecting myself better and informing myself better as each new issue comes up. But in the meantime I feel like life is collapsing around me sometimes.

I'm not making a lot of sense right now. I'm feeling a bit panicked and not articulating things clearly.

#1 baristajedi, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  2. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Can you go to the CAB and ask for immigration advice and for support regarding what to do in your situation?

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes that's what ill be doing either this week or next depending on when I get a day out of the office

4. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talk to the divorce attorney and understand the law. Mitigate legal risks as best you can. [Reclaim and] Be the dyke they say you are to stand up to his attempted bullying.

You are in the part of the process where patience is often required. Prepare and arm yourself and have faith everything will work out.

#4 SiennaFire, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  5. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he threatens you with the visa, any divorce settlement can potentially be rejected if you were to sue him after the fact. Talk to your lawyer, you have more leverage then he thinks.

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok, one bite at a time. get the visa worked out, get that help your boss was offering. talk to your lawyer RE custody, isolate your finances like get a separate bank account for your pay cheque etc.

7. CameOutSwinging

I don't have advice, just to say keep being strong Barista. You've got this and it will all end up for the best.

8. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to add my voice to those who say "stay strong". It does sound like your ex is trying to bully you. Deep breaths. Keep your head held high. You are a loving woman who is worth more than this. What does not kill us makes us stronger. You will come out the other side of this all the more ready to face any challenges.

9. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just a quick update because I don't want to leave this thread hanging... I started to feel stronger after writing this, all of your words of encouragement were helping me as well. And practical advice too.

But I went to pick up my daughter from nursery and learned something really worrying about my daughter. I'm not doing too well right now. At the moment that's the only thing I can think about. I'll keep dealing with the other stuff, now I'll just do that on autopilot. And myself and my ex need to get to the bottom of things with our daughter. I'm not even sure how to put my feelings down, things feel terrible at the moment.

10. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Take care of yourself, Baristejedi. I understand what it is to worry about a child. It eclipses all else. I hope your ex will work supportively with you on this. X

11. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hope your daughter is ok jedi. you're a strong person, I know you can get through this.(*hug*)

12. Confusedhappy

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hang in there Baristejedi, you will get there. I remember reading one of your threads a few months ago when you asked if you deserved to be happy and I remember thinking but not wanting to say, deserve is the wrong word. We work for happiness, we fight for it and from all you've been saying on this forum, that's exactly what you've been doing. Work through the issue with your daughter and then do the practical things your friends here have advised but know that you will come through the other side of this.

13. CameOutSwinging

Hope your daughter is alright, Stay strong, it will all be okay.