1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this what self acceptance feels like?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by johndeere3020, Apr 12, 2017.

1. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For those of you that have reached this point in life what was it like for you? I have had only one bad day, yesterday, in say the last fifteen, which historically is awesome for me.

Its as if a light switch was turned on in my head, things that once bothered me haven't and things that should bother me don't. A weird feeling of peace might describe it well.

I came out to some one today as bisexual and I didn't even shake, which has never happened before. In the very few other times I would always felt myself shake as if standing outside in the winter with your shirt off.

Maybe all my broken pieces are starting to mend?

Has anyone reached this point and then had thoughts of "what if I slip back into anger, or grief?" Not wanting to give up the feels and freedom they have found.

Dean

#1 johndeere3020, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have reached a great mental and emotional place! As you progress on your journey, I imagine you will find your good days continue to outpace the bad days. As if climbing a Rocky Mountain with peaks and troughs while always ascending higher and higher.

Keep climbing!