1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I realized I was gay last year

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Ushiromiya Red, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello EC friends,

Thought I'd kind of share my realization story, I realized I was gay after a few months of getting out of a bad "relationship" with a guy at work, wish we would have just stayed friends. Anyway long story short he was the last man an so second man I will have any romantic interaction with, if you want to call it romantic. It didn't end well,

Please don't say ,"you're confused" or my personal favorite *sarcasm* "you've liked guys your whole life, how could you be gay?" That one comes from my mother.

So I guess I should have figured it out when I started obsessing mentally over how a female looked either in real life or on tv, and I would stare at girls but I didn't reallize until last year fully that I might be gay. I was attracted to anime girls, first anime crush is Serena from YuGiOh arc v, and then I had a small crush on Charlie from Supernatural. She was just too gosh darned adorable.

And Willow and Tara's relationship fascinates me in Buffy. I should have realized even then. But the point is I realized it now and I am proud, even though I'm still living with my dad and closeted, I'm proud to be a girl who loves girls. No I haven't dated a girl yet but kind of chatted wit a few back in my fb days. Anyway so that's kind of my story, and I want to move out so I can be free and have my identity respected

Long story short, recently got my name change legalized. Dad still calls me by my dead name, it's been a week. It hurts me, :frowning2: so that's why I have to move out asap. For my mental health, I suffer from depression and ptsd.

Sorry for rambling. Hope you don't mind me sharing my story, if you'd like to know more, just ask,

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for sharing your story. I loved Willow and Tara too!

3. UrsulaJay

Thanks for your story. It sounds a lot like my own. I think it was my love of anime girls that got me to realize I like girls. Haha!