1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying To Figure It All Out

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by tryingtomakesen, Apr 25, 2017.

1. tryingtomakesen

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time in any kind of forum. I'm a bit nervous, but my therapist suggested that I join a support group and try some chatrooms to see if I can't meet individuals that are going through the same thing I am going through.

I am a married 37 year old mother of two little ones. I have been married now for over ten years. I am also part of a pretty well known religion and it's view on homosexuality is not favorable. My husband is, for lack of a better word a "higher" up in the congregation. If I'm honest, I've always had leanings towards liking girls, but have never done anything about it. For almost a year I have been questioning my sexuality. I started being a therapist about 2-3 weeks ago.

I don't know if what I am feeling is real and I'm terrified of making a huge mistake that will hurt a lot of people. It's a very scary thing I am going through. At times I feel like I know exactly what I'm going to do and then other times, I feel like I'm making a huge mistake. My husband doesn't know about any of this, which makes me feel awful. We are having issues in our marriage and he is terrified of losing me. I can't tell him exactly what I'm going through because he will freak out. He's the best man I know and a very good father, so those are not issues. Mostly, the issues are: we've grown apart, I'm questioning my faith, and I'm questioning my sexuality.

I'm hoping to be able to chat with others who are going through the same thing. Trying to find some clarity and be able to talk to others who will understand what I am going through.

2. Foreverwonderin

Hi
    Im going to follow your thread to as any advice or experiences will def help me gain a bit more insight.
    I hope your doing ok. Its tough isnt it.. but were all stronger than we think when we need to be..
    D x

3. JackieScut

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello. You did the right thing joining this site. Reading your post was like reading one of my own and that's goes for many other people on here. I won't type much now, but I am a bit of an EC addict even though i'm still pretty new myself. But I have been on here long enough realise that just like you, I am going through something that is really hard to understand. You can post what ever you want. You will find that others will share their experiences with you that will help towards your understanding of all these new and scary feelings your are experiencing.

You are at the beginning of a journey that is both exciting and scary. Ask anything, don't ever worry about how mad you think it may sound. I have asked so much and made some beautiful friends on here. Message me if you ever want to talk xx