1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety off the charts today!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rana, May 3, 2017.

1. Rana

Rana Guest

Ok for apparently no reason I started to think about my catalyst this afternoon (FYI: I barely know her & she's unavailable so dating her is not possible).
    But since this afternoon I've had serious anxiety that makes me almost feel sick.
    When I first felt a change (or realization) in my sexual orientation only a few months ago, I really didn't feel bad about it.
    Now, the ups and downs in my mood since this whole thing started have really made me fatigued. I honestly don't feel well half the time.
    I wish things could just go back to the way they were 3 months ago when I was blissfully unaware of any issues as to my sexual orientation.

I know lots of you have felt emotional pain as well.
    How the heck have you dealt with that?
    If I could just get temporary relief from this panicked feeling I'd be grateful!

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I get moments of anxiety, I find a quiet place where I can sit and simply contemplate. I take deep breaths, close my eyes, and think about what is triggering the anxiousness. I then think about all of the curve balls that have been thrown at me in life and how I have worked through them. I compare what I have previously overcome to what I am now thinking about. And I realize, this too shall pass.

#2 OnTheHighway, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
  3. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have funny shows I watch on Netflix or Amazon (Fraiser, Friends, that kind of thing). I try to spend at least 10-15 minutes a day doing deep breathing. I write. I play video games if my brain just needs a break from the whole thing and I want something that will engross me.
    Oh, and I come on here.
    I know what you mean about wishing you could go back. But being who you are is going to be worth what you're dealing with now.

4. I am here

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Writing! I swear by it. Something about getting those thoughts out of your head and onto paper....amazing. i also like to draw or do something creative, something that makes me happy and has an end result.