1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by BiGuy365, May 4, 2017.

1. BiGuy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I came out to my wife last year, and we worked through it. We were going through other trials and it seemed like experimenting on my questions about having a gay side (which I didn't act until then) was a welcome distraction, but I became very impulsive due to a drug interaction/side effect for my condition. Due to that, I was not thinking clearly about communicating with her, but we worked things out, talked to counselors, etc..

Now, things are pretty normal and I am not taking that medicine any more, but about a month ago (maybe more - this year is running away from me) I used her phone for a minute and noticed she had an article open that was discussing attraction to both sexes. We have not even discussed bisexuality in months. She hasn't asked me questions recently. I pretended not to notice, but wondered if she has been trying to understand my situation or many other reasons.

Since then, my urge to explore my "other side" has returned, but I am a lot more cautious and considerate of my family this time. It is around the 1 year "anniversary" of this whole event. Thoughts?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well its very possible she was trying to understand you better. Alternatively maybe she is questioning her own attraction?
    Maybe with it being the anniversary it would give you a good opportunity to bring it up with her again, perhaps you could start it off just by asking her how she is feeling now about what you told her etc and then see where the conversation goes from there.

3. BiGuy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yes, I do need to talk to her more. Quite honestly, I forgot about it until I started thinking about it again today.

4. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very possible she is trying to understand you better. Maybe you should talk to her about it, really get to understand yourself with her more.

5. CubbieBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's possible she is trying to understand you more or trying hard to be more accepting than what she may feel she was. I wonder if she directly searched for an article or if something in passing lead her to it. My wife sometimes looks things up, but I'll know that it came after someone posted it on social media or something like that.

6. BiGuy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thank you Prince and Cubbie. I am wondering about the timing also. It has been around a year.

7. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think folks are focusing on the wrong question. A better question to ask is why has this urge to explore returned and what to do about it? These are questions that you must address yourself.

#7 SiennaFire, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017