1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she flirting or she just having fun??

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Hemospectrum, May 5, 2017.

1. Hemospectrum

Hemospectrum Guest

I have had a crush on this one girl in my high school since the beginning of this school year, meaning this is the longest crush I've ever had in my life. I think somewhere in the middle of the school year she somehow figured out that I liked her (I'm making assumptions here, but I really feel like she figured out). She kinda gives me this all knowing smile now when she and I greet each other in the hall and when we both talk to each other. She also does a thing that drives me crazy: Flirting. I've heard several cases in which a lesbian (like me) received the straight girl flirt. For example she says "I like hanging out with you. Let's be partners for this project" in a flirtatious tone which ultimately makes me very flustered (I act very weird around my crush sometimes. Maybe that's how she found out). When we walk next to each other she gets so close to me that our shoulders and arm rub against each other. When I ask her to help me on something that's on paper she leans forward right in front of me to look at the paper and we're so close I swear I might go crazy. We are on the same sports team so when she's sitting on the ground resting and I'm standing up getting ready she sometimes touches my leg when we talk together. She also talks to me in this semi-flirtatious tone (I might be imagining it, but I think that's how she talks to me as I've never been talked to in that tone) and when I talk to her she gives me her full attention. Sometimes when I talk to her she looks in front of her and listens to me, sometimes she looks straight at me, and sometimes she leans very, very close to me.

The only two things to take notice is that I don't know her sexuality and that she is a very, very touchy person. However, I know that she seems to be only giving me that all knowing smile to me.

This is really driving me crazy. I want to ask her about her sexuality and why she's acting this way to me but I'm not that close to her. I'm not exactly out of the closet yet (only my closest friends know) but she seems so know??? Is this just that straight girl flirting or what????

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey its a really tough call to say either way. Maybe you could try and bring up some LGBT topics and see what she says. Alternatively ask her if she wants to hang out away from school and see if you can get to know her better.

3. Ronintroy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi I liked what sliverhalo said. See if she wants to hangout away from school. Invite her to a sleepover lol see what kind of response you get. You said that you pretty sure of your sexuality. But maybe she doesn't. She could find herself attracted to you, and it scares her or not know what to do with, what she's feeling.

4. rosette

It sounds like flirting to me! Sounds like she is testing the situation and hoping for more to come. We all meet attractive people when we least expect it, but when we meet someone who we have perfect chemistry with and you just know you could talk for hours... that's a great attraction which should always be pursued! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

#4 rosette, May 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  5. Hemospectrum

Hemospectrum Guest

Just a minor question: I have never done these things before, so how exactly do you bring up the topic of LGBT? The only problem is that I'm not necessarily close to her. I'm a little worried though that she knows I like her. If I bring up the topic, she might be a little... weirded out?

Thank you so much for your responses. It's given me some hope that a relationship is possible!

6. Ronintroy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One way to bring it up, maybe put a article about it in with other papers. Put it in a place that you know she's going to see it. Then you can see what kind of reaction she has.

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bring it up of there is something in the news, any LGBT news or a celebrity coming out or anything like that. If it's in the news you can bring it up like any other news like, what did you think about.........., or did you read the article on...........
    As for her being weirded out, if she has worked out that you like her then she would most likely have already been weirded out if it was going to happen, but that definitely isn't the case.

8. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Try to talk about lesbians, i don't know, questions like "do you know some lesbian girl?" and see what she says.