1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm old but happy!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SarahLee, May 7, 2017.

1. SarahLee

I haven't come out, probably won't. But there is such satisfaction in allowing myself to just be who I am, a lesbian, and recognize it as being me for my entire life. I know the object is for everyone to come out and be counted. So count me and now all of you know who I am! Is anyone else like me? Keeping the closet door closed but having a light on in that closet so you can see yourself for who you are? At my age I'm not really looking for a partner but being around other lesbians gives me comfort. I have a couple of lesbian friends and they know. I just wonder how many women 65+ keep it to themselves as I do but are happy with their lives.

2. Waterfall

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes! The closet door is closed but at this point in my life it has to be. My very sweet husband has a chronic illness and my adult children and family would never understand if I left him. Actually I couldn't live with myself so I just" keep on keepin on."
    I struggled for years after realizing that I am lesbian. Not bisexual. Lesbian. I had crushes on women like a teenager,wanted to tell the world. Somehow I didn't and I am now just peaceful. Not resigned, not unhappy, at peace. I understand myself now. I may never get to know what it is like to actually have a true loving lesbian relationship but I smile to myself whenever I meet a woman that I am attracted to, just knowing and understanding why.