1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what I'm looking for

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, May 12, 2017.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I guess what I'm looking for is encouragement. For the past 2 years I haven't been been able to concentrate, I'm at work right now, I can't focus.

I'm trying not to be discouraged, but everything about this process is so damn complicated and stressful.

The things I need to be able to balance my daughter's wellbeing and my needs to be my myself and follow my path to being happier person, all of these things sometimes feel so impossible.

I want to get to a point where I'm just making steps rather than not knowing whether the steps I'm making will be successful, fighting for every single step forward, and so on.

#1 baristajedi, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your being as efficient as you can be transitioning out of your marriage given the circumstances you have. As you know, lots of process similarities that I had to go through. You will get there.

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you'll get there, I know, ive been there too. like OTH said, it's a process or processes and steps we fight for are so loaded with extra meaning and value. give yourself a break, you are moving mountains and eating elephants, it isn't done in one go. (*hug*)

4. Labgirl

Yes, I know the feeling. I think as mothers, in this society, naturally always put their child's wants and needs first (not always, the fact that we're raising our granddaughter is evidence of that). There's tons of guilt sometimes for the most innocuous things. I don't know how fathers feel about that but my husband often put himself above the kids. I'm sure not all men are this way. I'm just speaking of the way women are expected to behave. I felt horribly guilty for going back to school even though it was going to make life better in the long run. I feel that was now. How can I explore and learn more about this person I am when there's a child that depends on me. It makes me feel terribly selfish. At the same time I feel stuck and depressed because I'm living a lie.
    You're not alone in this. Just remember you have a right to be happy. I also think its better that the kids see us happy. I keep trying to tell myself this.
    (*hug*)

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lab girl, you are right not all men are like your husband, I've seen a lot of examples of that. and you are also right, we all have the right to be happy, and it is sooo important for our kids to see us happy so they know that happiness does not end when childhood ends.

6. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you friends, I get really discouraged sometimes, all of your words help me feel a lot more optimism and strength. I'm feeling more optimistic about things are the moment. Trying to keep that momentum :slight_smile: