1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phantom abuse

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, May 12, 2017.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's interesting trying to consciously remember something that MAY have happened when I was in my mid teens. Possible horrific event(s). For the sake of this post, I'll call this phantom memories.

This morning, May 12 2017, upon waking up, not yet out of bed, looking up at the ceiling of my bed room. BAM, I remembered something that I heard in my mid teens. It was clear as day and yes it did happen. The memory was a statement by a classmate (teen) made about abuse of another kid (teen). I'm purposely being vague to maintain unanimity.

I remember the name of the classmate, what he looked like, how he acted, etc. It was very real, not trumped up thoughts. Until this date I had not remembered much at all of the possible abuse rendered to the kid.

But it is so clear now and if it did happen it was horrific. So horrific I was terrified it may happen to me. And if the perpetrators found out I knew of the event, bad, very bad with no escape.

#1 brainwashed, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why are you labelling it phantom abuse? Do you think it happened to you or did it have an traumatic impact on you as if it did?

#2 OnTheHighway, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017