1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married and wanting to transition

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Youtellme, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Youtellme

Hi everyone! I've battled with gender identity issues my entire life. I've finally come to the conclusion that transitioning from ftm is what's right for me. I literally spend all my free time looking up info and reading other's stories and it gives me so much hope that for the first time in my life I actually feel genuinely happy with my life and what I can do with it. I've been so lost for so long and I want to tell everyone this huge secret but have no idea where to start. I'm married with kids, so i'm stuck in a really hard place. I know that I have to tell my husband but all i've been able to do is casually bring up questions out of the blue to him, like, "would you still love me if I didn't have boobs", or "if I cut my hair really short", "started dressing more like a man.." etc etc. He always just wonders why I ask him the most random questions. I've only told one close friend, and he is convinced that i'm a lesbian! Even though i'm not attracted to women in the slightest. He doesn't understand that I just feel like a male in my head but what I see in the mirror doesn't match :frowning2: I called today and made an appointment with a therapist that is experienced with gender identity issues so i'm very excited to go and talk to her and hear her insights. Anyway, sorry for the novel but I feel like the world around me is so completely different now and i'm excited to find others who have gone the route and how they've faired so far

2. Deaf Not Blind

All I have done is come out on campus, wear guys stuff, bind/pack, cut hair, and will see a therapist hopefully next week before school lets out.

Any questions/discussions are cool with me.