1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay vs Lesbian

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rose27, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I'm out to husband, family & friends. In my 40's I'm fairly comfortable saying "I'm gay" Just not ready to say "lesbian". Anyone else?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've always felt more comfortable saying gay. I have never really felt comfortable saying that I'm a lesbian. Even when I identified as female, I identified as gay. I think that some people are just more comfortable with saying gay.

3. Kay

Kay Guest

I have been out since early in life. You are comfortable with being gay and that is fine. I usually identify as a queer or queer. I use lesbian on here and really should go back to my comfort zone. There is a book that may help you really become more comfortable with self in many ways. It also helps with finding out you are gay while in a heterosexual relationship. It is a collection of stories by women who have been through the same as you. Dear John, I Love Jane: Women Write About Leaving Men for Women by Candace Walsh. It is a great book I have never been in a relationship with a male but found it very enlightening and may be something you would enjoy. Hugs and love.