1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May December Romance

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Marko, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Marko

Marko Guest

I was in a situation recently which made me think of an old formula I had heard of which suggests a maximum age difference between two people in a relationship. You take the age of the older person in the relationship, divide by two, and then add seven. So a 50 year old according to this formula should not consider dating anyone younger than 25 + 7 = 32. What do you think of an idea such as a maximum age difference in a relationship? Is that old-fashioned? Does anyone know any other formulas?

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What is the benefit achieved by the math? If not based in something other than math what is the point?

3. Marko

Marko Guest

I guess being an engineer I'm a little too fond of formulas!

4. Italy or Bust

If converting from US to Canada you just double it and add 30 ;-)

---------- Post added 8th Mar 2013 at 09:44 AM ----------

No, Canada to US!

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Just visiting Canada. I have a "standard" head. :lol:

Curious... Is there a formula to calculate best time of day to have sex based on couples ages and the day of the year? :lol:

I would love to have a long term relationship with anybody >=25, but I would worry about my befeeblment and death in their middle age. That is the only thing that stops me.

I cannot get past that... I guess polygamy after I reached age XX or XX level of dotage could be a possibility.

I know you can fall in love with anybody regardless of age (adult).

Stuck

6. Marko

Marko Guest

I know from experience you can fall for someone of any age. I fell for a guy who was only 22. The problem was my daughter was two years older than him, and my son was two years younger than him. I had to just give that one a pass.

7. PeteNJ

my daughter is 25. in my book anyone with 10 years of that is off limits... well, at least for a relationship ;-)