1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by IronCupcake, Mar 19, 2013.

1. IronCupcake

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ya know, I'm having all kinds of problems with the idea of 'time' and 'age'. I've been doing a lot of deep philosophical digging about what time really is.

Answer: It's just a made up concept by humans to keep track of....I dunno.
    OK, the same personal perceptions as music, sight, hearing, touch...if we didn't develop sensors to perceive these things would they exist? Like the 'if a tree falls in a forest and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a noise?' question.
    I'm guessing no. The ability to see, hear, touch is a unique definition to animal life forms. Only people have defined it. (At least my dog hasn't said anything to the contrary)
    So, time is just a way to measure something that is pretty much not measurable.

OK, another question: When you're thinking and 'talk' to yourself in your head, which I'm assuming most people do, I'm guessing it's in your native language, right? OK, so what does someone who is born deaf do? The definition of sound is the animal organs that can pick it up and decipher it, right? So when they think what do they do?
    Define the color blue to a sightless person.

Like the Star Trek movie where Bones is asking Spock what being dead is like. Spock says that it's impossible because they have no common frame of reference.

So just what IS the common frame of reference with something that you can't see, touch, taste, smell, measure in inches or weigh?

Just chunks of "I'm here now, and still here...and still here....and here a little longer".

So there's no right or wrong, we're just here as long as we are.

Curious about other's ideas on the subject.

<Discuss>
    IC

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmmm.... The "Santa Clause" comes to mind...

"Just because you have never seen a million dollars doesn't mean it doesn't exist".

3. elandra

this has been on my mind as well...

first off differentiate between children (who has no knowledge of sex and adult stuff) and those who are over the age of consent.

because if we say time is an illusion, and that a baby or child is just as old as an adult in their fifties, then does that give pedophiles the right to molest them? I mean you cannot give something to someone who did not ask for it.

but if you are attracted to a 20 something year old when you are 50-60 years old and the person is clearly well over 18 (age of consent), I don't know what is the age of legal consent in your country? And has "adult like" life experiences behind them, making them "old souls" before their time, then of course it won't be wrong... thus if the feeling is mutual, and both know what they want from the other, and both KNOW for a fact that the other one is romantically inclined to the other then there is no wrong in it.... there is the crucial difference between a child that cannot possibly know what sexual attraction is and an adolescent who can.

if someone (over 18) who is capable to have fantasies and desires, i mean when they know they want someone in a certain sense, and they act upon it, like in asking for it, then there is no wrong in it.

a mutual mental agreement as such must exist between "lovers" before it is right....therefore it is important to let the person know how you feel before messing with them.

~ it is not the years but the miles between them that counts ~

#3 elandra, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  4. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi IronCupcake

Question: 'if a tree falls in a forest and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a noise?'

Deep and meaningful answer: Yes it screams out loud from the hurt and pain of death, if there are people about it keeps quiet, says nothing and behaves just like other tree in public but is silently screaming on the inside. Rather like our silent screams of pain whilst hiding in the closet and behaving like people expect us to behave in public.

Sale Gay Guy

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It is nobody's right to bestow adulthood on a child.

Unless of course you are willing for some unknown "somebody" to bestow on you their gift of a locked down seniors facility because in their estimation you are ready for it.

You really want others making life choices for you?