1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Came out to everyone on Facebook.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rachyl, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

So, I just posted this message on my Facebook page

"So, just so everyone didn't know what has happened. I, have decided to come out as a transgender individual. It has been a process for me for some time now. But I am now comfortable with letting others know. So, HI :slight_smile:"

The reason behind this is that I changed my name to the one I wish to be called, and to help me with my wonderful amazing choice to just be me finally.

It's scary as all hell, but I want to love life and not keep hating it. I want to see a bright future, not one through a keyhole.

I am ME.

Side note, I defriended a lot of people before hand that I know are quite traditional Catholic, or are so conservative, they wouldn't understand. Might have been the wrong thing to do, but I didn't want others to be offended. Of course thinking about it now. Doing that, may have offended some of them, but Last time I did this over two years ago, things didn't go over well. This time, things are a lot better. In fact I told my best friend that I have known since he was like 3 about it, and He said it will take some time for him to adjust to the fact, he supports me 100%. So Yeah. Awesome and scary all at the same time

Sorry, I guess I'm just as judgmental as everyone else. Just being human, and making mistakes along the way.

2. PianoNate

Congratulations!!

3. BornInTexas

Congratulations! Your bravery is admirable. :slight_smile:

4. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Congrats!! Hope life treats you well! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. FlyzaMinnelli

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    As someone who has been here all of 10 minutes I am already reading stories like yours that fill me with hope. Congratulations to you.

6. PeteNJ

You've got so much courage and bravery! I'm proud of you -- and you should feel strong and powerful! Congrats!!

7. Femmeme

Congratulations!!!

8. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Thank you, so far everyone that has commented has been amazingly kind and happy for me. I feel so happy I could cry. crazy emotions .:lol:

9. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Your awesome! Big Hugs!

10. Inspiration to all, if you ask me!

11. saggitarius91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amazing! Congrats!!! :slight_smile:

12. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Thank you, if it wasn't for some of the most understanding and amazing people here on the EC, I would never have imagined not only doing something like this, but being able to just be ME :icon_bigg

Thank you all very much (*hug*):kiss::kiss:

13. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

This was a post from one of my friends that I hadn't seen in 6 yrs.

" I am so confused .... this name showed up on my friends list the other day and I am not sure who this is. Anyhow , to whom ever it is. Do not be ashamed, come out as you are no matter how you or others feel. I fully support your choice as well as the choices of others.. so you . I send my love for your decision, and fully respect and commend that you made a choice to follow your feelings not others feelings"

How incredibly awesome is that?? Amazing. We talked for an hr online. What a Fantastic guy. He so rocks.

14. Lighthouse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations to you!!! You don't know me at all...but I'm proud of you and for you. Being in this new lesbian life for all of 10 months, I've only let a couple of close close friends know and I was scared as H***. Turned out they were super supportive...just want me to be happy. That's how all our friends and family should react...if they care about us an ounce. Good luck!!!