1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoping to find someone to talk to.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SEVAS TRA, Apr 9, 2013.

1. SEVAS TRA

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been going nuts inside. I don't know anyone personally that I can talk to about my situation. No one that will understand anyway. I'll do my best to keep this short. I've been married to my husband for almost 18 years. We have three children together. We've spent a lot of those years not getting along. I've always questioned my sexuality. I had a couple of brief encounters with other women about 20 years ago. I've gotten to the point where the thought of being with other men makes me ill. Haven't been intimate with my husband for maybe 10 months or longer. I'm feeling the need to be in the presence of another woman, not necessarily a sexual need, but wanting someone to hug and hold. Deep down I love my husband but just not in love with him for some time now. We've separated several times before but end up back together. Our three children have special needs and it's tough trying to take care of them on my own without being able to get a job. My main issue here is, how to deal with these feelings, and not having a close friend to confide in. Any advice is apreciated. Thank you.

2. MyGirlyCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Now I don't have any type of experience with this unique situation but the the one thing that comes to mind when reading this is that your family and the needs of your kids should be first priority, especially those with special needs. As far as the situation with your husband, does he know how you feel? Does he know of your feelings toward women? I know you probably feel like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Your husband needs to you how you feel in order for you to truly be happy. I know none of this is probably going to help but feel free to talk to me anytime, that's what this site is for, support and advice.

:slight_smile:

3. confused78

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We should talk. I'm in a very similar situation. I'm 34,married 17 years,4 kids. I'm unhappy and often have thoughts of leaving. I'm terrified though. I was married at 17 so I've never been alone. My husband retires in a few years and 3 of my children will be out of the house and I'm thinking then would be good. About 5 years ago I cheated on my husband with another woman. We carried on for a couple of years and I finally decided to come clean with my husband and ask for a divorce. He cried and made me feel guilty so I stayed and broke it off with my girlfriend. I feel like that was the worst decision of my life. I'm like you,no one can understand because we have very unique situations. If you want to talk sometime message me. It would be nice to chat with someone with a similar experience and I'm a great listener :slight_smile: