1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

it does get better

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by daddysboy, Apr 12, 2013.

1. daddysboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, I just spent half an hour writing a post full of advice, but on my last paragraph my phone crashed and I lost it all :-( So this is going to be a short post..

Anyway, I'm 20, my boyfriend is 55. Yep, 35 years difference, big deal. He has been through everything you guys are going through (and maybe more), including coming out, a divorce, all whilst being with me.

I met him when I was 16 (I was legal, don't worry...), and he as 51. He had a wife, 3 kids and a house. 4 years later and he has a boyfriend, 3 kids, and a slightly smaller house.

He also had to deal with accepting himself, and finding out who he was in the process. Man, I really wish I hadnt have lost my other post. I really want to help out you guys, because you remind me so much of my boyfriend all those years ago. If you want any advice, just message me, and either ne or my boyfriend would be happy to answer.

(*hug*)

A quote from him
    "I was scared life would feel unnatural and strange being with you, after being narried so long* to a woman. Life did become strange, but in the best way possible. I feel happy that I met my ex-wife but I am even more happy I found myself, and found you.​

2. Femmeme

Hello and welcome!

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    welcome..
    you must have an interesting story. I'm sorry your phone crashed it sounds interesting
    maybe you can tell us more one day. It sounds like you have been very supportive and had a positive influence on each other.

:kiss: