1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other people's gaydar

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by mariebmcd, Apr 25, 2013.

1. mariebmcd

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since the fall I have even questioning my sexuality. I have been kind of curious if others have picked up on this... Anyways, more recently my supervisor, who happened to be a gay male in his early 40s has been making jokes about getting a new toaster. At first I ha no idea what he was talking about but after having looked it up I realize that joke he is making about getting another gay in the office. Don't get me wrong the doesn't bother me, and it doesn't lead me to file any sort of grievance but it does make me wonder if be has picked up on my tendency to lean towards being bisexual... How good are others gaydar w lith bisexuals?

The reason I ask us because I can't figure out if he is trying to be funny or if he is intentionally trying to open a door for me to speak with him... Thoughts?
    HTML:

2. Sandsworn

It really depends entirely upon the person. Some people do believe they can 'tell' whether someone is gay/whatever or not, and some people don't believe they can. We can't tell you whether your boss thinks you aren't straight. Do you ever talk about it, make hints about it? Do you have any rainbow/pride-related things around your cubicle or on your person or wherever you work? Do you have any "stereotypically gay" mannerisms/ways of speech? If you answered 'yes' to any of that, he might have a hint, but there's really no way to tell.