1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out even MORE.....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rose27, May 4, 2013.

1. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Husband told me if we took the route of no turning back...divorce (icky word) He would tell his boss about divorce & that I'm gay rather than let her think something else.
    In 5-7 weeks will be totally out. Most not my doing. That's ok. Scary & excited. Feeling Free!!!!

2. Femmeme

You're taking a really positive attitude about this! Good for you! :slight_smile: (*hug*)

3. Ticklish Fish

congrats and good luck!

4. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Its such a big relief. As long as I can tell my son first. Thinking about it I've survived so much in my life that the backlash of some homophobia from Inlaws is nothing. In fact gonna do the happy dance not having to deal w/holidays there anymore!!!!

---------- Post added 4th May 2013 at 03:15 PM ----------

ps Hyper on coffee which I just started drinking again. Going even moreEC post happy!

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Funny you mention coffee..

Since moving in the direction of outing myself I am a McCafe cappuccino fanatic! They see me coming and make it before I hit the counter.

Med, skinny, Capp, sugar free vanilla...

I want one now! :wink: :|:

6. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

That sounds awesome,Skiff...and addictive.
    Haven't been to McDonalds in almost a decade. Still love that catchy filet-a-fish add from a few years ago.

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd say their cappuccino is the only thing they well.

8. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I'm GF & a vegetarian now but McDonald's food was one of the four food groups growing up. (In this instance GF is gluten free not Gay Female) :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 4th May 2013 at 05:38 PM ----------

Guys are out for a while....so I was singing "I'm gay I'm so Gay" in the kitchen" . I blame the caffeine! Yup being OUT is a good thing!

9. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

" I'm leaving on a jet plane...Don't know when I'll be back again...." Hugs Y'all (really going on a plane) Going to airport soon.

10. Italy or Bust

Happy travels, Kay :slight_smile:

11. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Timeline for coming out thrown out. Have to tell son this weekend. Craptastic!

12. Femmeme

Why this weekend? Are you being rushed? That sounds scary, I'm sorry sugar. (*hug*)

13. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Well gotta own it I am what I am. Thought I had 6-7 weeks.

14. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy trails!

15. EddyG

congrats! I can imagine the combo of a bit scary but the relief too. Have a great trip!

16. Jim1454

I'm glad you're being positive about this. The more positive and low key you can be with your son, the better he's likely to take it.

It's unfortunate that your husband is going to go ahead and tell people. I worried about this at the time (paniced is more like it!) and my therapist said "If you don't want to tell people you're gay, don't tell them. When they ask you why you're getting a divorce, tell them 'The reasons are personal and we'd rather not talk about it.'" That worked. Your husband doesn't HAVE to tell anyone, but he feels a need to tell them. (In fairness, he probably wants it to be clear that you're not leaving him because he beats you or he has had an affair.)

How old is your son?

17. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I had told him he could tell his oldest friend/sister a while back. Glad he has support now. I was worried. I told school nurse today so she would be aware of the situation if issues at school came up. She asked if she could tell school therapist I said yes. Only worried about son knowing 1st from us.
    Yes- Its kind of scary but dark closet was scarier!!

18. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I take it all back.New outing time table: Out to son Sat. In laws monday & husbands co-workers after that. As now husband feels better the more people know. Small world back home. You all are closest thing to in person support right now. Legacy of keeping secrets: No friends closer than 300 miles away at home. Oh yah I don't have a home anymore.Fucking awesome.

19. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's good you're ok with this action by your hubby; I wouldn't be good about it. My wife has asked me if she could tell a few close friends and I said ok but it just needs to be on my terms, coming out that it is. My kids are 17 and 20; my wife and I feel they need to hear this news from use and not through the grapevine so we've been real careful about hw no we speak to -- just need to be emotionally ready and I don't feel I am.

20. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Basically in an hour my attitude changed from I don't care happy to be out to I'm f'ing TERRIFIED! My husband seemed better than he has been in a while- even cracked a joke & laughed. Happy he is not so shellshocked. He is not doing anything out of meaness-Its just weeks sooner. On my own support wise. Can't even get call back from sister.

---------- Post added 7th May 2013 at 03:32 PM ----------

Oh yah-Its Mother's Day weekend!Crapfuckingtabolous!