1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the idea...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Labyrinth, May 5, 2013.

1. Labyrinth

I am going to be 32 this month. I'm not sure if that qualifies for "later in life" but I do feel like if I was bisexual I would have known more firmly before this time. There have been hints I suppose. An appreciation for the female form that seemed to go beyond what other women think or at least would admit to. Thoughts and curiosities... What I am wondering is, if I am thinking I might be bisexual but I have never really had the opportunity to discover or explore this possible feeling first hand - like not even a romantic wink or anything with a woman.... what would be the best way to open myself up to it?

When it comes to men I feel fairly sure of myself and how to act to let them know I like them. Or be mysterious. But with women? I don't know, something about the idea of it makes me feel really awkward even just thinking about it. WHat suggestions do any of you have for taking the first step to try and feel this out?

I wouldn't know the first place to find an lgbt community.... my city is very liberal so Im sure they are there...but I am not sure where to begin or what I'm looking for I am so new to it all... Thanks for any thoughts x

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :wink: <==You've officially been winked at by another girl LoL

I would suggest googling some local meet up areas since you live in a liberal area. Check em out! Also, different women like different flirting styles and some are more hopeless romantics than others. Don't worry about it too much because you will be able to sense if someone is receptive to a simple flirtatious gesture to start off with. :icon_bigg

3. txsooner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Makes you feel like you've missed something doesn't it? I'm also in my 30s, I've been with a few men, and am still a little confused.