1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Now Feel Fully Out

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by LoveMusicPoetry, May 9, 2013.

1. LoveMusicPoetry

I was thinking earlier how completely out and open I am now. Just over two months ago I could never have foreseen the day when I would be able to be open and honest about my sexuality. I thought I would never be able to tell my husband and I would drown under the weight of the knowledge. Now, two months and three days later everybody knows I am a lesbian, I don't have to lie and pretend anymore, I can go in the gay pubs in town, say I think a woman is sexy, I can act as gay as I like and I can tell anybody I like that I'm gay.

Don't get me wrong, my life is a mess, I'm going through a divorce, I'm struggling to find a place to live, I'm sinking under an ever growing mound of forms and paperwork and I'm stressed out of my mind, but I am openly gay and I'm so glad about that.

2. EddyG

Congrats! It's great to be free.

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Awesome!

4. Mysz

I hope the freedom makes all your troubles worthwhile! Things will come to conclusion and you'll be able to frequent gay pubs and drink super gay alcohol, and hit on as many women as you like. =) Hugs and congrats!
    (there is no such thing as gay alcohol. Disregard that).

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! I have followed your story since the beginning, no one said this would be easy, but worthwhile things seldom are. I celebrate your freedom! (amid the chaos)!

6. Ohana

That is great, isn't it?!! Congrats!

7. pnattmbtc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Inspirational!:eusa_clap

8. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Love,

I'm new to EC, and I'm just reading your story for the first time, although it seems I've come in at the end of it.

Thank you for posting what you did. I'm 42 and married to a man, and I am just now coming out. I haven't told my husband yet, and it might be a while before I can. I'm not afraid of his reaction to my sexuality, exactly, but I know he'll take the rejection hard. We are high school sweethearts who caught up with each other again later in life, and we've only been married two years. I know he's not going to want to hear this.

Additionally, I'm worried about the logistics of the fallout. Finding a new place to live, new job, taking over my finances again (although it hasn't really been that long), etc.

Hearing your story and knowing that while all that stuff does suck, being able to be honest and living an authentic life makes it totally worth it and doable, confirms what I suspected but haven't been strong enough to act on.

So thank you for sharing and for giving me hope.

--Zoe