1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mother/Father's Day Question

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by moonwillow, May 11, 2013.

1. moonwillow

So, I'm curious how other folks deal with the holidays of Mother/Father's Day with new same-sex partners. I was married to my kids' dad but now we're divorced and I'm with my girlfriend. We've been together for over a year but we've had feelings for a lot long (just never acted on them because of my ex) so to us it feels a lot more permanent that it maybe sounds.

Anyway, with her in the house the kiddos now have two full-time moms and they love her like crazy, and she loves them just as much, so I really want to do something for her but I'm not sure what might be a good idea. She's not one for sappy cards or gestures and I'm a bit of a sap sometimes so its kinda difficult to think of things.

Does anybody have any suggestions for how to handle second/step mom(or dad) on Mother/Father's Day?

2. Eric1962

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,
    Just an idea but I love gift cards. Not sappy and sure to please. If they have a favorite place to eat or a hobby store they frequent, you can probably get one there or go to the local drugstore where they should have a big selection of various gift cards. Anyway, Happy Mothers Day!
    Edit

---------- Post added 11th May 2013 at 11:05 PM ----------

P.S. Not sure why my posting says "Edit" at the end. Must have been a typo.

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My son took his mom out to eat at her favourite restaurant.

A big breakfast at at home is nice too.

Check your signature file for the word "Edit".