1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I count?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by appleblossom, May 15, 2013.

1. appleblossom

Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like I'm coming out later in life. I knew I was attracted to both women and men from my early teen years, maybe even before then, but now, I'm almost 29 and I'm finally going to the LGBTQ centre..I feel like I'm finally being a bit more honest about who I am, to myself, and to others. I have never had a sexual experience with a woman, I've just kissed a couple over 10 years ago, as I felt way too much shame to do anything more.

I feel like I'm in high school again sometimes as I'm sort of immature when it comes to my sexuality, because I have been repressing my attraction to women for so long.

It seems like such a waste that I have not been open about it while I was younger.

2. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Hi appleblossom Yes you count! Welcome to EC!

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC appleblossom, of course you count, and you are still young! Celebrate that fact toward the beginning perhaps of a new life!

4. appleblossom

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for the acceptance :slight_smile:
    Yes, it does feel like I'm starting a new life, in a way!

5. Zach

Oh Yes, you sure as heck count. Welcome to EC (&&&)
    I only wish this site was online back in 1997 ....I would have never have gotten married for a second time.

Some of us are slow learners :eek::thumbsup: (me..:grin:)

I finally figured things out in 2010, and I eventually had to tell my 2nd wife that things had changed, and that I needed to move on.

She didn't take it well at all at the time, but things are getting better. :thumbsup:

Even at my age, I'm happier than I ever was back then. (!)(&&&)

6. springazure

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You definitely count! And I can really relate to what you are saying about wondering why you didn't come out earlier- I'm 32 and now going through something similar; it's a double-bind- the longer I repressed myself, the more monumental and impossible these changes felt to me, and so the more I would keep them inside. I now feel a little embarrassed about it, but mostly I'm super grateful I was able to get to this point of greater honesty

7. wrhla

Yes. The longer you wait the harder it gets.

8. Biotech49

appleblossom - I know exactly how you feel. I started over at 49 and I really feel like a teenager with all the angst, anxiety, and new found freedom. Now if I can just get the nerve to ask this young lady out (she's 45).

---------- Post added 16th May 2013 at 03:53 AM ----------

And yes Zach, some of us were/are too darn slow. I can only hope it isn't too late for us, right? It isn't, or so my friends say!

9. Zach