1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Supoortive letter

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by arturoenrico, May 15, 2013.

1. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    An old family friend, who now lives in Canada, sent me this beautiful email to me today. It really picked me up. I wanted to share it.

I really have so much more to say than can possibly be typed here but my main feeling I want to reach out to you with is that you are a most wonderful person, both you and A. I have always treasured your friendships and nothing could ever change that for me. I am there for you always. One never knows what is around the corner in life but the worst thing is to deny our true selves of what we may need to move with. I fully support you and A. with whatever you may decide is right for you. I'm sure this is a very difficult period now as you try to piece together your emotions and dig down inside to hear your inner voice as I have called it for the kids. Sometimes that inner voice is a quiet whisper and its hard to hear or even acknowledge but it is important to you. You and A. have a deep love and friendship that will help you. Nothing can change my friendship with you I simply hope you can find happiness and peace within yourself in whatever form that may be. You are always (arturoenrico) to me.
    I hope you can listen to yourself and have the courage and support and love to take steps even if they are tiny ones.
    I hold you both in my heart and am here for you. Please call or write if you feel. Love always,
    E.

2. EddyG

very nice. one of the great things about coming out for me has been the support and love I've gotten from the friends I've told so far.

Glad you're getting that positive feedback, it's a great help and does help us get through the hard parts doesn't it.

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Sniff- Tissue please! Beautiful. That is a giant hug in words.

4. pnattmbtc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    wow! That is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

5. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Had to read again this am!

6. Samson

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really good to have the unconditional support of your friends! Don't forget it when time will be darker.

7. Candace

Wow, this was very well written, constructed, and must have taken time to write this out. Simply wonderful.

8. LateRobert

Thanks for sharing this beautiful letter.

It must have warmed your heart to get this from such a caring person. I know it warmed mine just reading it.