1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotionally Exhausted

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SoulJourneyer, May 16, 2013.

1. SoulJourneyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been doing a lot of talking and communicating with both my partners over the last while and I am exhausted.
    My husband has finally hit the point of acceptance and now is processing.
    My wife has realized that our relationship is not what I need. She is bi but leans way more to the hetero side and if I stay in the triad I am in I will continue to be at the bottom of the priority.

So - much communication has been had about how to move forward.

It is exhuasting! I am not opposed to the talking - I love it. I feel more myself and more comfortable than I have in years. I just feel like I need to crawl into bed and sleep for a few days.

I have also spoken to a few friends who I knew would be supportive. One of whom was in an almost identical situation to me. It was encouraging to speak to her about how she managed to tranisition from family super mom with husband and kids and poly partner to where she is now in a committed relationship with her lady.

I have been reading a lot of the threads and seeing how similar emotions are regardless of sitiuation.

Hugs to all going through this.

2. PeteNJ

Thanks for your post. I have my up and down days. Mostly due to myself and how I react to what others do/say.

I hold really close to my heart that in my core I finally know who I am, who I want and need. It IS hard to make life align with that. At least for me in these early months of being out, so many many changes.

Hugs back -- all of us on this journey need to give and get lots of hugs!!

3. Candace

I can't imagine the trials that you've had to gone through in this situation. I wish the best of luck to you. Hugs as well :slight_smile: