1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I go from here?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Wendy Lo, May 28, 2013.

1. Wendy Lo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so at 53yo I found myself attracted to another woman, as far as I know straight. I had wondered most of my life what it would be like with another woman but have never been attracted to one to try and find out.

Assumption: I'm bi-sexual, as I have a 34yo son and 4 grandchildren. Marriage didn't work out, and had nothing to do with my sexuality.

Problem: I need to know, however, I have no idea how to find organizations for older women. I went to a local club, but it was 99.8% guys. The other club in the area, I was told, is college age people.

I am in the Concord, NH area and need to find a group/organization, club, something. This site is my first step. Other sites I looked at were basically dating sites or in other states.

Any ideas, anyone?

2. happymom

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    ok, so I'm totally not the girl to ask on this one because I'm straight, married, and haven't been in the dating scene of any sort for many years. But, I'm wondering...what about the one lady you mention being attracted to? She's straight as far as you know, but that doesn't mean she IS, or that she's not open or curious. You may be attracted to her for a subconscious reason. Maybe she's sending you vibes?

3. Wendy Lo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello happymom, Trust me I've thought this many times about her (we'll call her B). We have a mutual friend (M) that when I confided my feelings about B, said she doesn't know either, but she also said if B ever finds out how I feel it will destroy our friendship and I am not willing to risk the friendship.

4. SoulJourneyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I found myself in a similar situation about 4 years ago - confirmed straight and fell head over heels for another woman. It is crazy and confusing.

5. Wendy Lo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello SoulJourneyer,

Same here. Have you gotten over her? If so, HOW?