1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

other resources? And SO LONELY

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by musinglizzy, Jun 4, 2013.

1. musinglizzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm enjoying my time here at EC, but wondering if there are any other great forums to participate in...particularly ones that lean more towards the "older" people.

Jeez...I just want to talk, but don't know what to say. I KNOW I'm gay. I know it's women who I am attracted to. But I don't act on these feelings, and afraid I never will. Therefore, it's a very lonely world here. At nearly 40, I'm just learning to talk about it, here on EC, nowhere else, noONE else. I don't think I ever could.

You know, I'd really love to meet someone like me, married, living the straight life, but living a lie. It would be nice to have someone to talk to who is going through the very same thing. I just don't know how to cope. I am SO depressed, SO lonely. Most people in my life wouldn't know it... but deep down inside I'm hurting.

So I'm new to all this forum stuff on this topic, and would love to visit other places in addition to here.

2. PeteNJ

I'm sorry for the tough time you're having. Near where I live there is an LGBT center -- and there are Coming Out groups for both men and women. For me the men's group has been a lifeline. Perhaps you can find something that you can at least occasionally get to.

Yes, its a very tough living straight, knowing you are not. At least knowing that - is a big part of the journey of being open and free.

Hugs!

3. musinglizzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks so much Pete, your support means a lot. It can't hurt to see what's in my area.

Thanks!

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One option that would likely exist in your area even if nothing else does is PFLAG.

5. Laineygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm here for you. I can relate to you completely. You've come to the right place for advice and guidance.

6. Libertine68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try askjoanne.net. It's a forum for married women attracted to women. :slight_smile:

7. musinglizzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks Libertine68, I will definitely check that out! Sounds like my type of thing! And Lainey.... are you feeling the same thing? It's such a damn lonely place...really it is.

8. biggayguy

I wonder if there is a UCC or MCC church in your area. Both types of churches are open and affirming of glbt people. It might be worth a look.

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2013 at 12:31 PM ----------

If you are near Milwaukee here's something else: http://www.outinmilwaukee.com

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I was coming to the crucial turning point of coming out to myself, I got onto Google & went in search of answers & it brought me to EC, I have never been on any other forum before & the more I checked EC out, the more I knew I had to join :slight_smile:

Thank God I found EC, I was able to come out to myself on here & with the help of the members on here, I was able to come out to my Mom, they have also given me the courage to start wearing Gay Pride Bracelets & to actually attend a Gay Pride Parade :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

I have heard other people on here who have been using may Gay Forums on the internet for years & they have all said the same thing, the people on the other forums are not as nice as the people on EC, they have all said "that this is the best forum by far" you will find many people on here who are in the same situation as you, they will no doubt find you :slight_smile:

PS: Hi musinglizzy :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: