1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people sort of assume that once past a certain age

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Tightrope, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    say, 40, most single men and single women who seem otherwise generally masculine and feminine are gay, lesbian, or bisexual? I think that people do. The gossip grapevine seems to back this up. So do the tabloids. It's typically harsher on men. Sometimes, with women, they'll say that she's working on her career. In the meantime, a man was "supposed" to have started a family and created a brood to provide for. Interesting. What do you think?

2. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it depends. Is a mega power career person like Condolezza Rice lesbian? Is Oprah? What about George Cloony? Some people have relationship issues and can't commit. I know in more old fashioned sets, people assume that the unmarried at 40 are gay or lesbian. I don't think it's necessarily so.

Of course then you have all the married people, who are hiding their true sexuality.

3. Biotech49

I know single women my age who were married before and never got married again (I'm 50). I do wonder because if they are lesbians, well, hmmm...

4. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It depends on a number of factors. If you knew an unattached guy and knew him overall you could make an educated guess. Age alone says nothing.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The biggest clue isn't being single so much as having no interest in the opposite sex.

Lex