1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

meeting people

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by redneck09, Jun 7, 2013.

1. redneck09

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Now that I have started coming out I am ready to meet someone even if its just as friends because I need someone to talk to in real life that knows how I feel... I live in a very small town so how do I go about meeting someone?

2. LD579

If you can drive, and if there are nearby places with meet-ups, you could go to those. Obviously, if they're far, it may not be worth the gas... If you go to school, there may be an LGBT+ club or group that meets up, as well. It's unfortunate, but there are not many other options that I see, short of moving elsewhere, which is always an option, but a large step to undertake in life.

3. Lilly storm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's really hard when you live in a small community! I feel your pain redneck09! Where I live there are no LGBT centers, clubs, etc. I'm in college and there are no clubs or groups. It feels really lonely!

4. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Guest

I am in the same boat as you redneck09. Small town with no LGBT community to speak of. I plan on driving to the city every now and then when I have the money and time.