1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The on-off switch in life

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Tightrope, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, this is NOT about SEX. It's about LIFE.

I'm putting this here, because the people here might have seen more of this in their lives in the way of different places of residence and work.

Have you had an experience where you moved, got a different job, or went to a different school, and your experience was a 180? I mean that one situation, such as your chemistry with a city or a job was fine and the next one was horrible, and I'm talking chemistry, as in things working out mostly on an interpersonal level.

What's interesting is that some people are quick to say "Oh, it must be YOU." I've experienced this in life and I don't think it's ME, because I've meshed well in certain environments.

And, yes, everyone is welcome to post because you may have moved a lot or attended different schools while very young.

2. biggayguy

When I was a teenager my parents moved to a bigger city for a year. I loved being able to participate in school extracurricular activities. It was also nice to be able to ride the bus to different places. When the year was up my parents decided to build a house back in our original small town. I got out voted because my dad's work was close to the small town and we had extended family members in the small town. My life might have turned out differently in the bigger city.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Certainly nothing like a 180.

Of course, I've had large changes in my life - I moved to a new city/school when I was 11, I went away to a college a thousand miles away, I got my first job in a small town in the middle of nowhere. And naturally, the circumstances changed heavily each time. I was surrounded by different people who had different expectations of me. I did much better at some things and much worse at others. But I can't say as it was ever a complete shock. I just sort of took it all as it came.

Lex

4. EscapeArtist

Not at all, there is much to be had with a relocation to a brand new community. I'll quote my dad here, "You can be anyone you want."
    Take care