1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

celibacy

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by hawaiianflower, Jun 19, 2013.

1. I need some thoughts on this.

I am thinking of making myself a celibacy/no dating pact. Here is my situation...

I am married, I have a kid, and I have stuff I want to get done. I feel like I am still figuring out who I am after all of this and I could use some soul searching.

I keep getting caught up in the idea of a relationship or trying to find someone when that shouldn't even be a blip on my radar yet.

I am thinking the best way to handle this is to just decide not to have sex or date until January. That way it takes it all off the table.

I know only I can decide for myself, but I just wanted to get some thoughts on this. I am only seeing one side of this and it may be a stupid idea.

2. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's the exact thing that i'm doing, but i'm dating someone. It helps to have a partner that you can rely on w/o the condition of sex. I believe if someone really loves you then they'll deal with it until you're ready to start being intimate again. :slight_smile:

That's just my opinion, and of course it might be hard to say 'no', but some things slip and it might lead to sex... idk

#2 Shadowsettler, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  3. Obviously, like you said yourself, I can't tell you what's best for you.

But I can say that the most productive times of my life have been those when I was not dating or having sex.

So, do your thing, if that's what you feel like you need to do!

4. My husband would qualify for that, but I need to take sex off the table with him too. I am really not interested in doing that again.

I am glad to hear that you have had productive times when you were single. It helps to know that it could help out a lot.

5. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    biromantic? Could he stay with you forever and not have sex? My partner didn't...

6. He certainly is willing to do that and has offered. I know I want to be with a woman at some point, right now is just not a good time.

I think I will talk to him about taking sex off the table. I kind of feel like I owe it to him. He has been so wonderful about all of this. A woman will have to be fantastic to unseat him.

I am sorry about your partner. :icon_sad:

7. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasn't 100% happy with her for obvious reasons, but it's a lot better this way. :slight_smile:

8. Good. I am glad. It can be rough when things don't work out like we wanted.

9. biggayguy

You can handle it if it's not a life-time vow. I mean look at all the priests that have strayed.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not a pill I think I can swallow. As for the priests, I *think* they have sexual needs, and knowing the real ways in which they are managed would be interesting.

11. Not a life time vow at all. I am too sexual of a person to pull that off.

I have been on this quest to find myself. I did really have the opportunity growing up. It is part of the reason I figured out the lesbian thing. I just feel like I should wait at least 6 months before considering anything romantic. I REALLY hope it isn't longer than that. I'll be back in classes in August and college girls don't wear much to class.

I just feel like I owe it to myself to finish what I started.

12. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you love each other it has a chance to last. :slight_smile:

13. I love him, but I have noticed a shift in the love. It is becoming less of the romantic type of love. We are going to stay married as long as we can. There are some benefits to staying together, for sure, but I am not sure how long I'll do this.

He said, as long as gay marriage isn't allowed in Texas I might as well stay married to him for insurance and support. We will see.

14. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, if you're not 'into' each other you're more like friends than lovers, lol.

15. He is into me. Very much so. However, he did confess to me that he has always been curious if he would be any good at giving a guy a blow job. Like, curious enough that he would act on that curiosity if given the chance.

16. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't marry someone that would even consider cheating. Lol, like waaat? No.

---------- Post added 20th Jun 2013 at 01:05 PM ----------

I would be so pissed if my spouse said that to my face. "Yeah, babe: I would totally cheat on you, lolololol"?

Next thing you know, some dude's in your bathroom getting a blowie from your husband/ wife... So, pissed. That is totally not cool. -_- Forget what I just said, lol.

#16 Shadowsettler, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  17. He only mentioned that he has wondered after I mentioned I like women. And, because he is cool if I mess around with a girl, he can go blow a guy. I don't care.

18. phoenixverde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It seems like a bold move, but it could have high payout. Go for it and let me know how it goes.