1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there something called "Happy Gay" ?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by germanion, Jun 19, 2013.

1. germanion

germanion Guest

I recently admit to myself that I am a gay .. I was denying this for very long time !

I have a gf but I will break up with her soon (I am trying to figure out how to end this relationship without hurting her so if you have any advise please tell me :slight_smile: ) ofc I will do this for her because I love her and she deserves the best in this life.

So my question is can a gay be happy in this life ? can he be successful in his job with all this anxiety and fear ?

I really love to post her "LGBT Later in Life" because I feel that the people here have a very good experience in these things .

2. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Of course! I'm very happy. Been single for a long time, but for the most part happy :slight_smile: You'll also be WAYYYYY happier being yourself and not being ashamed of who you are and who you like :slight_smile:
    As far as how to break up with her... I don't think there is an easy way. Maybe find out how she feels about gay people, then slowly break it to her that you're gay? That might end badly though depending on her personality. But usually honesty is best.
    Your sexuality has nothing to do with your happiness. You have to do with your happiness. In other words, just be happy :slight_smile:

3. AKTodd

I'm very happy in my life and while it hasn't always been a cakewalk in the past, that was due to the specific issues around the relationship I was in at the time, not being gay in itself.

Currently, I'm in a wonderful relationship and have been for 16yrs. I really like my current job and my current boss kind of thinks I walk on water. I do everything in my power to keep her thinking that way :thumbsup:

Todd

4. germanion

germanion Guest

it's nice to hear that and I wish you will be always happy and me also :slight_smile:

I think the most important thing to be gay and happy is self-acceptance ,I hope I can accept myself soon and be again happy as I always was :slight_smile:

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Absolutely!!!

There are things that complicate things a bit;

A) closet
    B) numbers
    C) meeting

My only complaint is safe, healthy gay social venues that bring the odds ratios of meeting somebody on par with the hetero world. Very regionalized. Just because you are gay does not mean you can or want to live in gay friendly hot spots.

For example I am not a big city guy nor a bar scene guy and that is difficult in meeting other gays I find interesting.

#5 skiff, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013