1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay doesn't deserve love ?!!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by germanion, Jul 1, 2013.

1. germanion

germanion Guest

I was recently reading on the internet about the relationships in gay community , also I have read some of the posts here about the same topic .

It appears that most of the relationships in gay world is about sex ... but this is unfair because now the gay is stuck between 2 choices :
    1) Being in a love relationship with a girl without sex .
    2) Being in a sex relationship with a guy without love .

I know that there are some very successful relationships between gays which contain both sex and love but the problem that it is very rare .

For a guy like me I can't have sex with someone without love ... I can live without sex but I can't live without love ... sometimes I dream about finding a girl who accepts my sexuality and accepts that there will be not much sex in our relationship because I feel that finding a gay partner who provides love and sex is very difficult .

So why is this happening ? Gay also deserves to love and to be loved !!

2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know what you mean, I've thought that myself. Except I wouldn't be with a girl period, it just wouldn't be right. I truly want to believe I can find someone with that I honestly love, but it seems so hard for LGBT. I think it's possible, but really hard :/

To me the sec would just be a bonus, I want to find someone and have a real relationship, one that goes far beyond the sex.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is important to realize that in life things are not binary, either or, right or wrong. In the gay world, which is to say a world of unconventional relationships, love is there, but it is so much more complex than just sex without love.

There is love, deep love in the gay world. For me, I cannot love a woman as deeply or as wholeheartedly, simple as that.

What do you mean by a successful relationship? You need to be aware that your criteria for success may be based on those of the hetero world. Fact is, gays have had to create their own idea of success. Here's an extract from

n+1: California Love Story

which illustrates my point:

"They improvised a network of connections erotic, emotional, familial, or what have you. A web of friends, old friends, once-friends, mentors, surrogates, lovers, almost lovers, ex-lovers, lost souls, loose cannons, patrons, pickups, dropouts, healers, strippers, gods; all contributing to a social fabric—call it tulle, or cashmere—in which a clear distinction between love and friendship, eroticism and warmth, loving and fucking, couldn’t quite exist. Versions of that fabric existed long before AIDS, before Stonewall, and versions exist today."

This is to be celebrated, there is a freedom here that the hetero world does not enjoy, I consider it one of the great things about being gay, that I can define what constitutes successful relationships, and that can range from marriage (my personal preference) to many other forms of loving and deep relationships.

4. AKTodd

Don't forget that most of the people who are just having loving relationships probably are busy living that life rather than writing about it online. How many news stories do you see about how nothing bad happened today? Same basic principle.

Also, straight people certainly have lots of struggle in finding relationships. They just have a larger support structure, more dating options, and its kind of taken for granted that they will have several failures before they find 'the one'. And even that might not work out.

Traveling and just have my iPad ATM so hard to post links, but do some google searches for gay couples, or gay weddings or gay parents and you will probably turn up some pictures and blogs and such. YouTube also has a surprising number of gay couple based stuff. Look for the videos made by russmarine for some cute couples vids from a guy who is actually a US Marine (and so is his boyfriend - now fiancé, his boyfriend proposed recently, very cute vid). There's also a gay couple with kids, but I don't remember their names.

There's actually a lot of good stuff out there, you just have to know where to look.

Hope this helps,

Todd

5. germanion

germanion Guest

Thank you friends for the replies .

I agree with you and as I stated in the original post yes there is love in the gay world but what is the percentage of finding a gay partner , let's do some Mathematics .

let's say that 5% of the men in this world are gays .. more than half of them are in the closet .. I want to be optimistic and say that only 50% of them are in the closet and maybe married which means that it is very difficult for them to be in long term relationship ... we still have the other 50% lets say that half of them are emotionally available and ready for a love relationship but how many of them you will be attracted to,and how many of them will be attracted to you ...and how do you know that the guy will not come again into the closet and leave you ...so the percentage is becoming less and less ...

In addition the man in general is less emotional than the girl (even if this man is a gay but he still a man) which means he can't provide you with the emotions and love that the girl can provide ... most of the men can totally separate between sex and love .. they don't have any problem having sex with anyone ... this will make the percentage of having a nice relationship with a man shrinks again.

While for the girls it is different .. the percentage of finding a girl who will love you and understand you is much higher ... having a relationship with a girl is less complex ..

What I want to say is that indeed there is love in gay world but finding it is difficult for the above mentioned reasons .

The lack of emotions is really dangerous ... love is needed and without it the life will be a disaster... yesterday I went out with a girl for a cup of coffee .. this girl was trying to have a relationship with me for the past several months but I was always telling her that we are friend ...so I sat next to her in the cafe ( I don't know why I did this )... I just wanted to tell her kiss me baby and give me as much emotions as you can I really need them ... It was really a weird but a nice moment lol

6. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

You can and will find the love relationship YOU want. There are gay men just like you. There are a number here on EC both inside and outside your age bracket.

The issue is it is a numbers game. Gays are a smaller community, and gays that meet your criteria cuts into your numbers, then within those gay men your age, in your area, that appeal to you really thins the herd.

I met a nice guy yesterday after a gay church service. Normally I would not attend church... I am spiritual I just don't have faith in organized religion. But I go for the coffee hour after the service to meet like minded gay men.

Generally speaking gays are more creative problem solvers than the average bear. Apply your creativity and think outside the box to find a suitable mate.

As greatwhale has indicated creative problem solving has flavoured the gay non-standard relationships out there.

You can have what you want, just need to apply yourself. Where would a gay man that would appeal to you be found?

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Not necessarily true.

It is not true for me.

Don't fall for stereotypes.

I met a guy and he was prematurely pawing at me and that was that.

Like you, I am not a piece of meat and I need to approach things in ways that are comfortable to me.

I am sure there are guys who would have liked this guy but he wasn't my cup of tea.

#7 skiff, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  8. germanion

germanion Guest

Hi Skiff

Yes it is really a numbers game .. add to that that I live in a small city ... no gay bar, no gay community ... even it is difficult for gays to find me because of the way I look and behave ... I don't wear colorful clothes ... no necklaces ..no earrings .. and I am really comfortable with this .. I feel that this me and this is the way I behave ...

So from where can I get the emotions I need ?... I really wanted to tell the girl yesterday Kiss me baby , love me sweet heart and give me all the emotions you have but please please stay away from my penis lol ...... :grin:

I agree with you , it is possible to find that emotional guy and maybe he will have more emotions than any girl in this world but it needs alot of efforts and luck .

#8 germanion, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
  9. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You are in the majority of gays in my opinion.

Just average guys who identify with men.

No big deal. Except it is life altering.

What cities in europe have large gay quarters?

10. Scarlet123

of course gay people deserve love, we all do. those that dont deserve love are those that misuse the concept and use people for their own enjoyment, otherwise there is no reason for anyone not to be loved :hug:

11. Reptillian

Germanion, I was waiting for you to make a post like that after that thread to see if you're really emotionally interested into women while only sexually interested into men or a person whose emotional orientation aligns with the sexual orientation. It seems like you are closer to the first. If that's truly the case, then I have a good news and bad news. The good news is that there are women who cares a lot more for emotional companionship than having sexual activities. The bad news is that society and even many lgbtq members rejects the notion that emotional orientation and sexual orientation can be separate elements.

12. germanion

germanion Guest

Thanks all

Skiff : we have in Germany several cities with big gay community Cologne, Berlin and others .. Cologne is not far form where my family lives .. I am planning to go there when I go back .

Reptillian : I can't make sure that I am not emotionally attracted to men ..because I did't have relationship with a man before .. I can't decide this until I have a relationship with a man

13. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Yes it does seem that lot's of gay people just want one night stands, but there is certainly a large amount as well who believe in monogamy and share the same feelings as yourself.
    I'm happy to say that I'm one of those people who always put others before myself and I care about their feelings.
    Love is about trust and honesty, with unconditional love both ways and even with straight couples it happens all the time where people are unfaithful to each other but for some reason it does seem to happen more with gay people.
    Good luck when you go to the gay club, be yourself and try and enjoy it.

14. bagginses

bagginses Guest

Sad, that explains why guys who talk to me don't like to talk.
    When they do talk its mostly about how I look without clothes on LOL.

15. Aster Tataricus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's your life, and you can live it however you want to. But your gay right? And you say that you wouldn't mind finding a woman who will accept you, without a physical relationship. Your ok with that, but will she? Wouldn't it feel like your not giving yourself completely to that person?

Yeah it's difficult to find someone who fits our criteria in the LGBT life. Men and women aren't perfect. Everyone values different things...

I think it's wonderful that your one of the few who put love above sex ^_^
    You will meet a guy who shares common ground on your ideals. Until then, there are other "outlets" when it comes to love. Anyone can give you love outside the context of a relationship: mother, father, sister, brother, friends, pets. If you ask my friends, they'd complain that I'm constantly glomping them :3

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been my experience that gay men ARE, on average, interested in sexual relationships more than romantic ones, compared to their straight brethren. That said:

1. the sexual relationships are easily the most visible ones. It's much easier to notice the gay guys on the prowl at the gay clubs than the gay guys who are in a relationship and are spending the evening at home.

2. the dynamic shifts as people get older. 20-year-old gay guys are generally more likely to be looking for a hook-up than an LTR. But if you look at 25-year-olds, 30-year-olds, 40-year-olds...as you go up in age, you'll see the percentage shifting more and more in favor of a relationship.

3. We're talking in generalities. I have met plenty of 20-year-olds interested in getting into a stable relationship. And, to be fair, I've met plenty of 50-year-olds interested in getting into somebody's pants. :slight_smile:

Lex

17. germanion

germanion Guest

Yes Lex that what I was afraid of ... I have read a lot about this topic and most people told the same as you did .... unfortunately

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's "unfortunate", other than the fact that presumably it'd be easier to find Mr Right-Now than Mr Right. That said, you can still take steps to improve your odds. Don't bother looking at nightclubs or other "meat market"-type places. You're more likely to find a hook-up than a boyfriend there. Instead, do some research before you get to Cologne. Look for gay social groups - gay biking clubs, gay volunteer groups, gay book clubs, gay sporting clubs.

Lex

19. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Allow me to dispell your fears:
    From the APA website:
    Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

20. germanion

germanion Guest

Actually I read this article before ... it is interesting but the experience of the gay men here in EC or other websites doesn't seem to agree with this study