1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian w/male friend who wants more

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by 2theEdge, Jul 3, 2013.

1. 2theEdge

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm developing a friendship with a male. I think he is interested in more than friendship, but I am only interested in dating women. He doesn't know I'm a lesbian. I need a friend I can confide in, but it is so difficult for me to confide in anyone. I'm out to one friend and my dad. I don't want to hurt my new friend. I don't know how to do what I know I need to do. Maybe I just don't have the courage. :rolle:

2. HopeFloats

Be clear about your boundaries even if you're not ready to come out to him. Also, in my experience, a guy who has a crush on you is not the best choice as the friend to confide in - especially if what you're confiding is about being interested in people other than him.

3. Holly

You don't have to tell him your sexuality just because you don't want him to make advances. Just tell him that you're not interested, if he does decide to do something about it.

I definitely agree with Hope. I think anyone who has a crush on you is generally a bad person to confide in.

4. Daisygirl2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you need a friend I would be glad to listen, I don't judge and I believe that we are all equal. xxxxxxx

I need a friend I can confide in, but it is so difficult for me to confide in anyone.

5. lovely lesbian

If you need to chat we are here xxx