1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland politician asks Ravens to “inhibit” Ayanbadejo’s same-sex marriage support

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Dan82

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-ayanbadejo-for-supporting-same-sex-marriage/

Walter Olson comments:

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Maryland politician asks Ravens to “inhibit” Ayanbadejo’s same-sex marriage suppo

I lulzed, because I didn't pick up the original story but put this one up instead :slight_smile:

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Maryland politician asks Ravens to “inhibit” Ayanbadejo’s same-sex marriage suppo

Wow, that's crazy. What influence should he have over a football team and a player? What a moron! He should be kicked out of the Dem party for such idiocy.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Wow.. that all I have to say.

5. Emberstone

I rather enjoyed Chris Kleuwe's open letter of responce.

Gotta love when a member of congress is addressed using the words "HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS!"

6. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only

I have a question about this line:
    Was Ayanbadejo supporting same-sex marriage as a representative of the Ravens? Because that might be a problem for the same reason that soldiers aren't allowed to show up at parades etc in uniform (or so I've heard). That is, he doesn't necessarily have permission to speak for his team. But then what does Burns have to do with this? That'd be an issue with the NFL and/or the Ravens, not a politician.

Or is Burns saying that a Ravens player shouldn't be supporting this? Because that's what it sounds like to me. Which pisses me off, because not only is it none of his business what a random American believes, but it is entirely un-American to try to punish someone just for believing something you don't agree with.

Forget kicking him out of the Democratic party, I want him kicked out of office for overstepping his bounds and trying to stop a American from expressing his opinions.

7. Emberstone

Emmett burns is angry that a private citizen on a sport team in his own time supports marriage equality. Emmett Burns also thinks that civil rights only applies to black people.