1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little help ?

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by XxFlyxHighxX, Dec 14, 2013.

1. XxFlyxHighxX

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Needing some advice .
    I'm seventeen and still living with my family . They don't agree with my " lifestyle " and have recently started freaking out about my almost 3 year old son wanting his nails painted . They keep saying how he doesn't need to be girly and gay and that I HAVE to make him play football and do boy things . When I told them that he's just wanting to do what I do and so what if he turns out gay , they flipped .
    Don't know how to get them off my back about it . My coming out wasn't amazing and right now I'm " banned " from dating anyone of the same sex till I turn 18 and move out .
    It's getting a little annoying trying to get them to understand and I just can't find a way to do so anymore without trying to smack the ignorance out of them . Any advice ? :bang: :help:

2. Anonymous

Paint his nails, see how they react.
    It shouldn't matter wether or not he wants his nails done, he just wants to be like the "big people".
    He's three, all he wants is to be just like mommy.
    My little brother used to put on makeup and dresses because that's what I did. I don't think it defies a persons sexuality, especially when they are too young to even understand what sexuality is

3. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

Play by the rules until you have a home for you and your son. Please remember...your baby isn't addressing a sexual preference rather he is assuming a self and should be treated as such self with love and acceptance. Don't use those tools of communication and just be cool... And keep yourself safe from that kind exposed angry labeling behavior by moving on asap..

4. phoebe

h is your son! you can paint his nails, you can dress him up in dresses! (if that is what he wants) they have no control over him unless they have custody rights! however i would wait until you move out because thy can kick you out and then you would be homeless with a 3 year old! hang in there!

5. XxFlyxHighxX

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice !
    I have been trying to just play it cool .
    I told them that it has nothing to do with his sexuality and that he's just copycatting . Even told them about how my little brother did that because his older sisters did and that he is 8 now and doesn't do it anymore and denies ever liking it . They just don't understand and I don't know how to get them to . I wouldn't be having a problem about their opinions if they didn't constantly tell me that I " have to " make him do this and that to insure him " growing up to be normal as a straight man " .
    It's fraying my nerves .
    I'm fine not dating girls , I'm actually engaged to a childhood friend . Lol . Its just the way they look at my sexual prefrence and other peoples . I cross dress a lot and got in trouble because I shouldn't dress that way according to them . It scares me because I don't want my son growing up thinking being homosexual or anything of the nature is wrong . I'm afraid that their opinions will rub off on him . I can't find a solution because I don't just want to drop them seeing as they are my family and even though they are jerks about the LGBT community , they are good people .