1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My niece came out today

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by beebee28, Oct 29, 2014.

1. beebee28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Fantastic that her bio parents are supportive. Surely that's the most important thing? Or is her step-mum very involved/close to her? Part of me feels that it doesn't have all that much to do with her but I guess it's dependent on her input in your nieces life. Lovely that she's got an aunt like you to talk to!

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think your doing all the right things , right now she needs someone to be there for her . I don't know her mother but I can tell it will take a while before she accept her daughter .

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ohh I'm sorry about that it's gonna take the step mom time to come around .

4. Blossom85

That is just so beautiful to read that she felt like she could come to you with this knowing you would support her, and it is wonderful to see her bio mum and dad are supportive too.. Do you know what is holding her step mum back from accepting it?

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's great that she's not listening to her mom, I think you should keep being there for her when times get tough .

6. Blossom85

That is sad to hear that.. I am glad though she is at peace with herself and has a lot of support from others, I think unless the step mom wants to come around and change her mind, she just needs to not listen to her and to just keep accepting herself.