1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Books for Parents

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by KyleD, Jan 8, 2015.

1. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am planning to come out to my parents this year and I need some resources to educate them on the topic, preferably physical books (they are old school).

Any suggestions would be welcome. :slight_smile:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    One possibility would be here:
    http://www.pflagcanada.ca/pdfs/glb-mychild.pdf

another would be simply to look at the website of the bookstore that sells all kind of stuff...
    looking with a few keywords, and having a look at the opinions of people who have read the book...

(*hug*)

3. KingJude

It's not specifically for parents, but 'This Book is Gay' by James Dawson explains that being LGBTQ+ is not a choice. It also outlines the challenges faced by LGBTQ+ people, words that are okay, and words that aren't, some of the scientific theory behind what 'causes' people to be LGBTQ+, and answers almost any questions they might have. I personally found it to be key to my self-acceptance. Maybe your parents might benefit from reading it? :slight_smile: