1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omg especially Brad the cat

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by tgboymom, Jul 2, 2015.

1. tgboymom

Jake came out of the first appointment with a PRESCRIPTION! W e are soooooo excited. Jake was driving so we can't talk for another hour but the brief talk was filled with euphoria! There was laughing and giggling for the first time in a long time.

Oh my dear Lord... I know it's about j, but I can't help to feel euphoria myself knowing that I did the research for Jake and backed it up. This child already has the best... kindness, loyalty, perseverance. J is generous and charitable and this with being depressed about the situation. Now, the entire world awaits!

I owe this to BradTheCat for suggesting planned parenthood. I would have never guessed in a million years that planned parenthood offers these services. I'm so grateful, Brad, more than I can say. (*hug*) :eusa_danc

I'm making the 9 or 10 hour drive out there leaving very early tomorrow morning and will be taking them out to dinner to celebrate.

When Jake gets home, I'll get the exact dosage and name and find a good deal on the testosterone.

I guess J has to take it for a year before surgery is allowed, but this hrt thing was the most important.

Thank you all so very much for tolerating my fears and heartbreak When the hormones kick in, and J starts sporting facial hair, I know I'll get better with the pronouns.

Can't wait to see Jake tomorrow and do some spoiling! (!):thumbsup::smilewave

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    That is so awesome! I am so happy for Jake, and for you the mother as well!

I wish you all the happiness in the world!

(*hug*)

3. tgboymom

Ty so much

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome! I'm glad that I was able to point you in the right direction! I know a good (legit) online compounding pharmacy as well, so if you need that just send me a PM :slight_smile:

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Holy shit! How are parents so supportive these days?!?!

I'm so heartened!

6. ApexxShadow

I'm so happy we have supportive parents out there like you :slight_smile:

7. tgboymom

You have been so generous with your time... thank you.

I got a call late and I was sleeping but from what I understood, Jake took the script to Walgreens but they didn't have a component so they are checking to see if they can use flax seed oil, or replace the flax? I'm not sure because Jake was talking fast and I was groggy. They did other tests and if there is a problem, they will call and say to stop the injections. Jake was prescribed the once a week intramuscular injections. I was reluctant because of the discomfort and would have preferred doing the implant, but Jake was anxious. Haha

Jake was so very impressed with them. They are new to it so they had to look up the proper protocol but not ONCE was Jake misgendered. (!)When I made the appointment they asked for the birth name and the preferred name and they used the preferred name each time. Jake felt soooooo good about that. It was super cheap. It came to like 225 at the office and the script is like 75.

Jake went out and did a little celebrating by getting a turntable. Haha. I'm going to go dig out my Bowie collection (which is extensive) and bring it out there. Hey, I'd rather Jake enjoy pieces of the inheritance while I'm still here. Haha

If Walgreens doesn't work out, I'll take you up on the offer and pm you.

I never dreamed when I signed onto this site that it would help us so much and am grateful. Every tear I cried was with the exuberance J feels right now. :icon_bigg

I have to get out of here. I made shelf stable all the eggs (I've got about 35 chickens) I gathered in the last few days and picked a bunch of stuff from the garden to take out there. Time to hit the road!

God bless you for your generousity in helping us out. (*hug*)

8. tgboymom

It's love. Nothing breaks the bond between mother
    and child