1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Injection

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by tgboymom, Jul 7, 2015.

1. tgboymom

:thumbsup::

The pharmacy called the doctor to straighten out the confusion on the compound. It turns out that Jake was the first trans patient there so the doctors were unfamiliar with the protocol, but Walgreens called them and told them what the standard protocol is.

Jake took the first injection yesterday. I thought it would hurt like a mutha being intramuscular, but it wasn't bad at all according to Jake. I wish I could have been there to administer the first one to be sure it was being done correctly (having some experience), but I had to leave Sunday. Don't think this is weird, but Jake ' s father AND stepfather came out there with me. They get along very well as do Jake's dad and I do.

It was a spoken rule when I began dating after the divorce that this is a package deal as I was still quite close to my ex ( although not romantically) as I felt that this was best for our child. Jake respects them both and everyone gets on famously.

Anyway.. Jake and T had another couple visiting from abroad so we took them all out Friday evening and picked her friends up on Saturday to go see where the kids work and had luncheon with them there.... then went to get them all to dine out when they got home and enjoyed the fireworks. We managed to load up their freezer and pantry while they were at work and took Jake to buy a good upright freezer after work, so we got some spoiling in as well.

When we were walking out of the restaurant, the host said "goodnight ladies" and I was tempted to correct him..... but I thought it best to let that go for now. I'm sure the testosterone will make all the difference soon enough. :slight_smile:

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so happy for both of you. How exciting!

You continue to be an amazing mother and I'm so proud of you considering how lost you seemed a few weeks ago. (*hug*)

Hopefully some day my own family will be as accepting and understanding as you are... :slight_smile:

3. Im Hazel

That sounds really great! <3 Wow, what a positive experience... ^^ I hope that it goes as smoothly for me...

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Really happy for you!!

5. tgboymom

I'm just s o glad I got to see them. Haha. My ex mentioned that he had Friday off, so when my husband called during lunch on Thursday. I "informed " him that we were leaving for kentucky at 5 am the next morning. I needed to see for myself what was going on out there. I wanted to see where Jake was working and make sure there was proper food in the house and such and actually see Jake's face which looked healthy and perfectly sunkissed. That new freezer was delivered yesterday, so all that meat we picked up can go in it and the next time I go out I can bring lasagne and eggplant and meatballs and all wrapped in individual servings.

I still go through bouts of melancholy, but what helps is to see Jake so very excited and happy. That's all any mother wants.?. Their child to be happy. :slight_smile:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That can happen sometimes, at least the pharmacy knew what to do to solve the issue :slight_smile: Sometimes the shots will hurt more than other times. It really depends on the location on the leg or butt. As time goes on, the T will do it's work. It took me about 3 months before I started to passing well. It's awesome that you are so supportive of your son :slight_smile:

7. tgboymom

:eek:
    The bottom line is that my child is the love of my life. I must admit that it takes a lot to be supportive at this late stage of life, but we had a very serious conversation about faith and Jake agrees that more than ever, it's important to get on bended knee and pray to get through this. I see so many of their friends have lost their faith because of the difficulties they are going through, and I fear they will try to convince Jake to do the same. Jake knows to the core that no matter what.. denying Christ here will mean that Christ will deny Jake when the time comes. THIS has been my major concern, but it appears to be a moot issue. I also told Jake that I outed Jake to the godmother, my sister, who had these same concerns..... and Jake was perfectly cool with it!

Also, Brad, the more involved I get in the transition process, the easier it gets.

Thank you so much for all of your help. (*hug*)(*hug*)

8. ApexxShadow

I'm super happy for both of you guys, and I wish you the best :slight_smile: