1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A cool report

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by tgboymom, Aug 22, 2015.

1. tgboymom

I'm sorry for announcing these things here, but no one else gets excited with me. I feel as though all of you have been with Jake from the beginning of the transition, and actually, we wouldn't have come this far if BradTheCat and others didn't council me and provide information.

Jake has been taking testosterone for only 7 weeks. His voice has changed so much that he was called "sir" for the first time the other day! He had to tell me right away. He sounds soooooo happy-go-lucky lately. His laughter is beautiful music to my ears. (!)

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great to hear. :slight_smile: It's pretty amazing how much testosterone affects the body, isn't it? I just wish the effects were as drastic for those of us thinking of going the other way!

How old is your son, if you don't mind my asking?

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great news!
    This must be great times for your son and its really cool that you find it exciting as well!

4. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    [​IMG]

If only there were more moms like you :/

#4 Serperior, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  5. tgboymom

Jake is 28. I wasn't expecting it to work this quickly but thinking back, there were a lot of hormone issues from age 14 on. The periods would last for 3 months at a time but I felt her (at the time) body was too immature for birth control so we held off until 18. That controlled the extreme periods. About a year ago, J made the decision to stop the birth control. I agreed it was time to see if the problem had resolved. We waited and waited and a period didn't come at all. I'm wondering if that is a reason why the testosterone worked so quickly. We didn't go into this without having a battery of tests run and a complete physical. Everything looked good so...he began the shots.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

---------- Post added 22nd Aug 2015 at 06:33 PM ----------

I just want Jake to be happy. I think that's all any parent wants. And yea... I'm excited that he's finding every little change amazing!

---------- Post added 22nd Aug 2015 at 06:37 PM ----------

I don't think that applies at this late stage of the game, but thanks. Trust me... I started off by spiraling into my own personal hell, but this is my only child..

haha. Recently I told him the secret I had kept all of his life. I always wanted a boy. He had a good laugh about that.