1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To every parent who has ever posted here

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by RavenTheRat, Oct 11, 2015.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You're doing everything right.

Every time there's a post in this thread, something along the lines of "I'm so worried I'm not doing the right thing to help my child" usually crops up.

You are doing everything right.

Just by BEING THERE for your child, supporting them, and letting them know that you love them, no matter what their orientation might be, you are doing everything right. I know you want to be able to snap your fingers and do everything right every time- but if you show your child love, you're already doing it- no magic needed. To people in the LGBT community, losing their family's love is often a heavy weight- your children won't have to carry that weight, and you don't know how grand of a gift that is. Yes there are worries- but those worries can wait. Get to them when they come, not before. For now, just give your baby a hug and smile. Because a future of parents like you is what we all are praying for- so that all kids can be free to be themselves without having to be afraid. You are the start of that. And what a wonderful, beautiful, and bright future it will be, if parents like you are behind it :slight_smile:

Just let your baby know that you will always love them no matter what. That's all we want to hear, trust me.

You are doing everything right (&&&)

#1 RavenTheRat, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're exactly right! I'm glad you made this post! I mean, a parent who makes an account on this site to support their kid? That means a lot, probably a ton more then they realize. Parents, you're awesome! Keep asking questions and being superb specimens of the human race. :grin:

3. Jalo

Jalo Guest

Thank you! It would mean the world to me if my mother or father did the same.

4. WikkdMama

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you for posting this (I'm so crying like a baby) I have just joined looking for advice and this is only the third post I've read but it should be the first all parents read. I like to think I'm a supportive mom but I don't feel like I've been supportive enough or done everything right but your post has made me feel a lot better about it. Again Thank you :eusa_clap

5. littleraven

It makes me happy when parents really go out of their way to support their children. It really does show that you care when you join the forum and ask questions. It's very encouraging. I'm glad there are supportive parents out there. :slight_smile:

6. YinYang

^I agree. Just by logging in to this website, you parents show that you care for your child. Just by posting a question, you show you are willing to help in any way you can. I thank you, everyone on EC thanks you, and I'm sure your child will thank you, too.

7. shalor

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :kiss::kiss::smilewave hi everyone, I just want to add my comment if that's ok, im waiting for my son to come out to me, bless him, and I cant wait for him to decide the time is right. being a parent isn't easy but lets all remember we all have wonderful kids who we love to bits and this is what this world is sadly lacking. keep up the good work everyone xxxx :kiss:

8. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree wholeheartedly. You're showing you want to learn, you don't want to misunderstand your child, you love your child, etc. just by creating an account. No, just by reading up on the LGBT+ community and/or your child's orientation/gender. Making a thread, asking for advice, is one of the greatest things you could possibly do. Here's to the greatest, most open-minded, understanding and loving parents anyone could possibly ask for! (&&&)(*hug*):thumbsup::lol::kiss::icon_wink :eusa_danc:smilewave:grin::slight_smile::eusa_clap

#8 Mags the Goron, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  9. 101DeadRoses

GREAT POST.

I couldn't thank... whatever's out there... more for my blessing of a mother. She's always there for me, and my coming-out for my gender was basically:

"Mom, I think I'm genderfluid. Or pangender. Or something."
    "...K."
    "Mom, I want to start dressing male when I feel male."
    "K. I'll look up some packing techniques."
    "Thanks Mom. Can I have a cookie?"
    "No."
    "...Okay. Can I have some boxers?"
    "Yep."

10. YinYang

^THIS.
    I wish my mom was this cool about it.

11. DinelodiiGitli

I like this post. *nods vigorously*

I'm so happy when I see parents posting here, it gives me faith that there are good, open minded individuals out there.

12. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love this.
    I LOVE THIS
    I. LOVE. THIS.

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2015 at 08:17 AM ----------

And I as well.