1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. CuriousMother

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hello! I've signed up here before, under the same username, but lost my account due to technical issues in early November. I've finally found the site again and re-registered.

I'm here because of my twin daughters, who are sixteen, and as I said before, I found this site on their laptop by accident, and normally I wouldn't snoop, but since their identity is such an important issue I felt as though I couldn't not.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who gave me advice beforehand. I've been doing research into as many aspects of the LGBT+ Community as possible, and I'm hopefully well-informed by now.

My next step is to make sure my daughters both know that I accept, love and support them no matter what, and so does their father (although I haven't told him about this yet, as he's a little blunt. But I know he'll support them!)

But I'm not going to pressure them or blurt it out. I want them to come out in their own time.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello again, now I'm back. :smilewave

2. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi!
    I just wanted to say that I think it's amazing what you're doing for your daughters. As someone who has recently come out to my parents and is still questioning my sexuality, I can say that it meant the world to me to have accepting well-informed parents to support me. If you have any questions do feel free to ask me at any time. Nice to meet you, and best of luck with your daughters! :slight_smile:

3. AnotherStranger

wow I think its very cool that you want to support them but tbh if I found out my mum had found this forum on my computer I would die, more if I were 16 so careful how you handle that!

4. CuriousMother

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you! Nice to meet you, too :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 7th Dec 2015 at 06:59 PM ----------

I thought of that, but I'm trying my best to be careful.

5. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi
    It's great to see someone being a good parent.
    I'm sure you have contacted a support group for parents of LGBT kids.
    The only thing that I can add is to use gender neutral terms when talking about relationships with them.

A lot of the people here would like to have you as a mum.